PDA

View Full Version : which villa for people NOT going to disney??

annette_tr9
13-10-2005, 16:44
We will be going back (again) for the 6th time to orlando but we won't be going to any of the parks.

Which villa area is best so that we don't get caught up in all the traffic, the 192 was a nightmare around disney the last time we went.

we will mostly be shopping (yayyyyyyyyy!) so i thought the best area was on the airport side but there don't seem to be many villas around there.

then i thought about clermont so we could drive up and over disney and avoid the traffic that way???

any suggestions?

Lynnes
13-10-2005, 17:27
There are various communities away from the 192. Do a search on the above 3 sites and state you want a villa away from Disney. You should get a good deal of replies.
Good Luck

pieman790
13-10-2005, 17:31
Agree with Lynne, Do a general enquiry and speicify that you want the villa away from Disney etc, im sure you will find what you are looking for.

dcnurse
13-10-2005, 19:03
Communities on Hwy 27 give access to all amenities and are out of the way of the hussle and bussle of the 192[msnsmile2]

fiona
13-10-2005, 19:32
We never go near Disney or the other parks any more unless we have visitors with us! We find easy access to the Osceola Parkway and the I4 can get us anywhere fairly swiftly.

rosie
13-10-2005, 20:15
Most communities will give you access to roads away from Disney. To the west you can get onto the I-4 easily, and from the east of Disney the Osceola Parkway or even the 417.

Best thing is to find a home you love first and then ask the owner for alternative routes to the places you would like to visit. Most owners will know lots of ways to get around, avoiding Disney [msnsmile]

Cruella DeVilla
13-10-2005, 20:25
Have a look on the comminuty locator map on here and it shows you where all the communities are in location to Disney but as others have said there are always alternate routes.

dan
13-10-2005, 20:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
Most communities will give you access to roads away from Disney. To the west you can get onto the I-4 easily, and from the east of Disney the Osceola Parkway or even the 417.

Best thing is to find a home you love first and then ask the owner for alternative routes to the places you would like to visit. Most owners will know lots of ways to get around, avoiding Disney [msnsmile]
[/quote]I agree with Rosie - there are certainly other routes you can take that will avoid Disney, no matter where you are staying.

annette_tr9
14-10-2005, 20:06
thanks for all your replies!! I will check out the communities on the east i think...but there are lots of nice new villas on the west!!!

benfilo
14-10-2005, 22:36
We are not far from Champions Gate, and it takes us a few minutes to get to the I4 which gives good access to most places, as you know. There are loads of nice communities on the 27 or 54 and Old Lake Wilson Road (my favourite, but I am Biased). Also southern dunes, I've never been but I know a lot of people who rate it highly.

domster
16-10-2005, 13:18
If you look for villas that are on the 27 or near Championsgate you will not have to go anywhere near the Disney 192 road. They link to the I4 and allow you to drive to the coast and shops in Orlando very easily.

Like CDV says, have a look at the locator map at the top and this will help you.

Ray&Sarah
16-10-2005, 15:05
You will be spoilt for choice if you put in an enquiry to the three sites attached to this forum, there are so many great communities and villas to choose from.

Had you thought about a two centre break, one week in Orlando and one on the Gulf Coast. We did this once and it was great, gave us the best of both worlds.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
17-10-2005, 03:50
there was another road opened last week whilst we were there, something to do with orlando, not sure which road, but there were never any traffic problems (the odd crash but nothing holding anyone up, like the last time we went last December, when it took us an hour to drive down past the medieval place, everywhere was very pleasant to drive around!!!

Macka
17-10-2005, 13:22
Ha!

We said we were not going to do any parks for the last 12-15 years!

No chance. we do them all, every year without fail. We just can't drive past those darned turn offs!!!

I think there must be a homing device on the hire cars.

neild292
25-11-2005, 02:53
I would not worry too much; our villa is just of the 192 but in 5 minutes you are on I4 and well away from the traffic

Steviek
25-11-2005, 03:01
We are on the 27 and find easy access to places like Lake Alfred, Clermont etc away from the beaten track.

Snapper
25-11-2005, 03:30
Hi Annette,

I know you posted your question over a month ago and so might never read this, but if you aren't planning to visit the theme parks why not spend your vacation over on the Gulf Coast.

There are heaps of absolutely wonderful villas out that way and you get to see a different view of Florida too. Swim in the sea, play frisbee on Manasota beach, drink coffee on Longboat Key and just watch the world go by. The shopping around Naples is on par with Orlando so you shouldn't have an issue filling up those empty cases!!