PDA

View Full Version : MY TRAVEL

ali and boyz
13-10-2005, 00:39
Can someone reassure me please.

this year we booked with Thomson from Glasgow. Turned out thomson don't actually fly from glasgow and they use MY Travel planes which is fine but try and get help re special needs etc when you have booked with thomson was hopeless.:( ended up a nightmare of a journey although to be fair the MY Travel cabin crew were brilliant.:)

soooooooo for next year we thought we would book direct with Airtours which is MY Travel and pay extra for the premier gold to give us more room with DS. there was 2 flights to choose from early morning or lunchtime and because of DS (takes 2 hrs to get him up and dressed minimum) we decided to go for the lunchtime flight. I have now just read on another site that this plane goes Manchester - Glasgow - Sanford. Our TA phoned Airtours today and the flight is still direct.

Do you think everything will be okay.[msnscared] We can't do anything other than direct because of DS's high level disablilty (can only sit for a set period of time) and okay we would be last on and first off the plane. but if we were last on what about seating. would we be allocated just what was left or as we have paid for premier gold seats would that say then not be be a problem.

can anybody give me some reassurance or should I panic now

this years flight was just so upsetting I thought I was doing it right for next year. [confused]

Macka
13-10-2005, 12:48
Ali,

You have to be careful with the terminology, I've fallen foul of this in the distant past.

Flying DIRECT, does not mean that exactly. Direct means that you don't change planes. You can stop as many times as they see fit or necessary.

A flight that goes from your departure airport to your destination without any stops is called NON-STOP.

Ok, now, I've done this flight a while ago and I think the better seats will make all the difference so I really shouldn't worry aBout it, but it won't do any harm to make fully sure that the airline knows of your special circumstances.

13-10-2005, 15:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
Ali,

You have to be careful with the terminology, I've fallen foul of this in the distant past.

Flying DIRECT, does not mean that exactly. Direct means that you don't change planes. You can stop as many times as they see fit or necessary.

A flight that goes from your departure airport to your destination without any stops is called NON-STOP.

Ok, now, I've done this flight a while ago and I think the better seats will make all the difference so I really shouldn't worry aBout it, but it won't do any harm to make fully sure that the airline knows of your special circumstances.
[/quote]

Paul you have made a good point there[msnwink]

Macka
13-10-2005, 19:18
It's not made very clear is it at times Julie? The very first time we flew to the states we thought we'd fly all the way in one hop but found out very late on there was a stop at Gander.

(Ever been to Gander?)[msnscared]

13-10-2005, 21:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
It's not made very clear is it at times Julie? The very first time we flew to the states we thought we'd fly all the way in one hop but found out very late on there was a stop at Gander.

(Ever been to Gander?)[msnscared]
[/quote]

Yep been there and got the T shirt!! It was a diversion many moons ago[msnwink]

dan
13-10-2005, 23:14
Macka - I fly from Glasgow or Prestwick all the time. Our flight in July was to Sanford. The flight came from Manchester to Glasgow first and then directly on to Sanford. On our return journey we flew straight to Glasgow first.

To make sure we all had seats together we called Thomson's beforehand and pre-booked seats for £15 per head (if my memory serves me well).

domster
16-10-2005, 13:29
Ali,

I am a MYTRAVEL guru as we have flown with them some 6 times to Florida/ cancun, so have got the premiar upgrade T-Shirt.

The upgrade is well worth the extra money just for the bigger seats and room, you don't get much more than economy in terms of food etc, but it is dedicated check in (saves loads of time) and small cabin on board.

If they use thier Airbus it goes direct, if they use the Boeing 757 it stops in Bangor (I think). From Glasgow this year we had the Airbus.

Yes they are no Virgin, but they offer value for money on flights to Florida.

Hope this helps

knobbyknowles
18-10-2005, 09:20
Hi
I've flown MyTravel Manchester-Sanford 5 times in the last 2 years(twice this year March/Sept) and have ALL been direct (no Gander/Bangor Maine stops or Glasgow). Premair Gold seats are pre- allocated so you don't get the worst seats if your last on. I think they are flying the airbus from Glasgow this year so you should get full Premair Gold. The Manchester flights have been using older planes and you were given 3 seats between two in Gold and hand held tvs. To be honest we found we had more room like this.
Make sure Mytravel are aware of your situation and you should have a great flight.

ali and boyz
20-10-2005, 20:23
thanks everyone. I also didn't realise that direct didn't mean you never stopped. I emailled MY Travel but did it just after doing this thread so I never thought of putting non-stop.

If they are running airbus's from glasgow but you say knobbyknowless that not from Manchester does anybody know then if the plane was manchester - glasgow - sanford would it then not be the airbus or as they are selling Premier Gold it would be the airbus.

thanks again