PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Villa for 3 !!

Gordon
12-10-2005, 21:47
Hi everyone

Having been to florida a few times on villa holidays :Din big parties , does anyone know of villa holidays for 2/3 people.

I dont think i can face a 'package' holiday and wonder what others may of done.

also what time of year can you get a good bargin - apart from late august/september

many thanks[beer]

Paul

KarenScott
12-10-2005, 22:05
Hi Paul

You can do a search on these links to find a holiday home.

Although my home sleeps 8, I have had a single guy rent my home for his holiday/vacation plus many smaller parties and I think many owners have less guests than their homes actually sleep.

So much better than hotel rooms[msnwink]

http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

12-10-2005, 22:20
Even if you have a four/five bedroom villa there is very little difference in the price so go for the villa you like and not how many bedrooms. It will still be far better than any hotel[msnwink]

chrizzy100
12-10-2005, 22:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Gordon
Hi everyone

Having been to florida a few times on villa holidays :Din big parties , does anyone know of villa holidays for 2/3 people.

I dont think i can face a "package" holiday and wonder what others may of done.

also what time of year can you get a good bargin - apart from late august/september

many thanks[beer]

Paul
[/quote]

We have a 4 bedroom place........and most of the time its only me and hubby...but I never find I feel that the house is too big just for the two of us..and our place is bigger then most 4 bed single storey homes....you could try some of the nice townhomes on this site..........or there are lots of nice 3 bed homes to pick from.........its down to what you are looking for......

christhear
12-10-2005, 22:40
So far i have been to my four bedroom villa 4 times. The number of people using it on these occassions have been 2, 5, 2 and 3. It really is nice to have all the space to use.

I agree that once you have been in a villa you can not go back to a hotel. My rates are low during January, February and MArch and probably work out on par with a decent hotel even with only 2-3 people staying there.

I have had a single person stay in January.

Put out some requests and see what you get, it may still work out to be good value.

andrewandcarole
12-10-2005, 22:41
Although we have a 4 bedroom villa we often go over on our own - and we never feel that it is too big for just the 2 of us.

It's nice to have the facilities and space like being at home - in fact it has put us off ever staying in a hotel room again.

Carole

Macka
12-10-2005, 22:41
Paul,

Bev and I went to Florida in April this year, on our own for the first time. We were a little concerned about not being able to spread the costs over more people, and I have to say, it did come a bit more expensive this time.Well it will do won't it?

I'm not sure if I agree with you though Karen and Julie about the villa's.

More bedrooms cost more money, shared between fewer people. You'll need to choose 3 bedroom villa's and you can do them pretty cheaply at the right time of year, with the right flights and car hire. DM me if you need to Paul, I'm a bit of an expert at doing Florida as cheaply as poss (some may be surprised at that).

If someone can show me how to do 5 bedroom villa's at the same price as comparable quality 3 bedroom ones, I'm all ears.

summerset
12-10-2005, 23:17
5 Bed for the same price as a 3!! There is the problem .. rentors want cheap, owners want a reasonable return.

There are owners who will do cheap, there are owners who wont .. you pays yer money and takes yer choice! I like to think our prices are reasonable but the old adage applies .. you get nowt for nowt.

Rob

Lynnes
13-10-2005, 00:42
Hi
Please do a search as most villa owners charge a going rate for the villa not per person.

13-10-2005, 00:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynnes
Hi
Please do a search as most villa owners charge a going rate for the villa not per person.
[/quote]

Totally agree[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

SG
13-10-2005, 01:14
The first time we ever stayed in a villa there were only 3 of us and it was wonderful. Definitely converted us to villas over hotels!

Lynne S
13-10-2005, 02:26
We have just this minute taken a booking for just 4 people in our villa. We have 5 beds/4 bath so smaller groups do pick larger villas.
There is something for everyone on the 3 sites[msnsmile2]

stuart
13-10-2005, 03:13
Quite often its just Stuart and I in our 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa. We love having so much room to spread out in. So its no problem when he starts snoring as I have 3 other bedrooms to choose from[msnwink]

ellie
13-10-2005, 03:36
Although we have a large villa with 4 bedrooms we mainly have parties ranging from 2-5, but mostly around 4. We find they love the extra space, and our very large pool. We never need to rent it out to larger parties.

If you are able to travel out of school holidays you will find villas even better value. But don't be too quick to look for a villa on price alone. To maintain a villa to a high standard costs a lot of money, and those cheap bargains may not be around by the time you go, as their owners could find their homes impossible to run at these sort of prices.

As so many have said, you get what you pay for, and accommodation is such an important factor in the enjoyment of a trip to Orlando that it would be a shame to 'spoil the ship for a haporth of tar'. [msnwink]

Hope you have a lovely trip and enjoy all the benefits of holidaying in a wonderful villa. You won't regret it.

Macka
13-10-2005, 12:57
I don't think I made my point very well here. Paul needs to get the costs down so he can go on a floridian villa holiday.

I was trying to say that if Paul goes at the right time of year, and chooses a smaller villa, then a holiday for 3 is within reach. He knows they only charge for the villa and not per person!

I don't think anyone is saying he can get a bigger villa for the same price as a smaller one are they?

Like I said, if you are, let me know......

13-10-2005, 15:35
Paul what I was trying to say was that if you search sometimes there is not much of a difference if you go for a villa with more bedrooms than you need[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Macka
13-10-2005, 16:59
Aaaaah.[msnwink]

benfilo
15-10-2005, 01:50
it's nice to be able to have your own space now and again on holiday, even if it's just going into another room to read or watch a different tv station. Something you can't do in a hotel room.
We saved a fortune too by having one or two meals a day in the villa, which more than makes up the difference between an hotel room and an "underocupied" villa. But beware once you stay in a villa it'll spoil you[msnsmile2]

ellie
15-10-2005, 02:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by benfilo
But beware once you stay in a villa it'll spoil you[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

How true! :D

domster
16-10-2005, 13:16
We like the fact that you have lots of space for the price you pay, and it is per villa not per person.

On the subject of price we could not find a decent hotel for under $100 per night back in July when we were closing on our villa, spend a little more and you could get a villa....no competition really.

And remember you get all the extra facilities as well (like your own pool!)

Patkin
19-10-2005, 11:49
I totally agree with comments made saying a Villa will spoil you, we had a Villa in 2004, there were 7 of us in a 4 bedroom Villa, this year because of only the 2 of us we opted for a hotel, Boy!! did we miss the space and luxury of a Villa.
We will be planning our next Floria trip after Xmas and a Villa is a priority even though there will be only the 2 of us. This web site has been a brilliant source of information.

Thank you.

zazu
19-12-2005, 14:06
We are planning on renting a villa for our next trip. We are a party of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, and we are looking at 4 and 5 bed homes. We will end up with 2 spare rooms but the larger homes offer the facilities we require more often and have the larger pools. We are going for 3 weeks so having some space to spread out is important to us. Even the most expensive home we are considering still works out heaps cheaper than 3 weeks at the polynesian (which is where we were planning on going)and okay we don't get the onsite benefits but we get a gorgeous home with our own pool, a room each, a full kitchen so we can save money on food, gems room, tv's and most importantly a washing machine. This year i spent $50 on doing laundry alone, and that was taking loads of clothes so we could manage without washing.

LiesaAnna
19-12-2005, 14:28
so many avantages for having a villa of your "own" (well for a few weeks anyway) i cant stand the thought of bringing home dirty washing or spending much of my precious holiday time doing the washing in a launderette, but never worry when in florida in a villa, just pop it on and done shortly after!! bringing home everything clean!!!

stabard
19-12-2005, 15:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
just pop it on and done shortly after!! bringing home everything clean!!!
[/quote]

now that is something I love - no washing to do when I get home.

When we first rented a home we went for a 4 bed so that the boys could have a room each and if Lee was snoring too much I had a bedroom to escape to[msnembarrased])

dawn burley
19-12-2005, 18:23
Zazu (suzanne) you'll be surprised how many villa communities do offer on site facilities. There are community info areas on all 3 Orlandovilla websites, which if you haven't done already might be worth taking a look at.

Shirley G
19-12-2005, 21:05
Suzanne,even with a spare bedroom, you cannot beat the luxury and space of your own villa for 3 weeks. Kids can be in the games room while you are lazing by the pool and hubby is doing the washing and ironing :D:D

It has to be a villa everytime, could not go back to staying in a hotel room now[msneek]

zazu
19-12-2005, 21:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn burley
Zazu (suzanne) you'll be surprised how many villa communities do offer on site facilities. There are community info areas on all 3 Orlandovilla websites, which if you haven't done already might be worth taking a look at.
[/quote]

sorry if i worded it wrong but i meant onsite facilities in relation to perks of staying in a disney hotle, eg. the extra magic hours, charging to room, parcel delivery etc.

Suzanne
xxx

zazu
19-12-2005, 21:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pearlvilla
Suzanne,even with a spare bedroom, you cannot beat the luxury and space of your own villa for 3 weeks. Kids can be in the games room while you are lazing by the pool and hubby is doing the washing and ironing :D:D

It has to be a villa everytime, could not go back to staying in a hotel room now[msneek]
[/quote]

I like the idea of having a couple of extra spare beds for when hubby is snoring after a few many buds...LOL, and i definately love the idea of having the kids in bed early and a glass (or a bottle) of wine by the pool and a chinese takeaway, come to think of it i don't think we'll bother buying any park tickets we won't want to leave the villa [:O]

Suzanne
xxx

Ray&Sarah
19-12-2005, 21:31
You won't want to go back to a hotel after being in a villa, all the things you have mentioned really add to your holiday experience. Have a great time Suzanne.[msnsmile2]

dawn burley
19-12-2005, 22:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by zazu
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn burley
[/quote]

sorry if i worded it wrong but i meant onsite facilities in relation to perks of staying in a disney hotle, eg. the extra magic hours, charging to room, parcel delivery etc.

Suzanne
xxx
[/quote]

No, it's probably me, spending the final week leading up to Christmas with 3 very excited children definately leads to "confusion" [msnwink] I can see exactly what you mean now.[msnsmile]

Clare R
19-12-2005, 23:37
As a Gulf Coast homeowner I welcome parties of two or three persons, they are much easier on the utilities which after all I pay for. We have a three-bed villa and find that smaller parties not only easier on the utilities but are less prone to have the air-conditioning on full blast and then leave the exterior sliders and French doors open!

Clare
http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1367.aspx