PDA

View Full Version : Can I just ask.........

Madabouttigger
12-10-2005, 20:55
In the past I used Alamo for car hire and been very happy with the service. One part we both like is going over to the garage and picking out which car we want before driving off. But, I notice from some comments regarding the Dollar car rental, that they hand over the keys, so I assume your car is pre allocated to you? We usually get an Intermidary Size car - will I have a choice on the model?

Diane.

blott
12-10-2005, 21:45
If you're very nice to the person behind the desk, you might just get a choice if you're travelling at a quiet time. Otherwise, the car is allocated to you.

If you absolutely hate the car you get, you can take it back to a Dollar location within 24 hours and change it if you wish.

Madabouttigger
13-10-2005, 21:42
Cheers blott thanks for that.[msnsmile2]

Diane.

ellie
13-10-2005, 23:30
Diane, even though they do allocate cars on arrival with Dollar, instead of giving you the chance to choose your own, we always go and look at the car first and if we do not like it we go back to the little kiosk who issue the keys and ask for another. We have asthmatics in our party who are very sensitive to cigarette smoke, so we always go and have a sniff first - it could ruin our trip. We also always make sure we go for 'Stow and Go' if we book a 7 seater minivan as the seats all stow away giving you extra room for luggage. We had a brand new one last time - in August.

You can also ask them at the kiosk if they have any new cars - they have details of the mileage of each car so it is not difficult for them. We have always found them very helpful and last time we looked at 4 before deciding which one we wanted. The cars are all located close to the kiosk so all you have to do is leave someone with the luggage and perhaps one of the party go and look.

Dollar is also cheaper than Alamo if you use the OV Car Hire link.

Hope you get a good one![msnwink]

Madabouttigger
14-10-2005, 21:23
Ellie - thaks for the advice, I will definatly act on your suggestions and hopefully have happy motoring!

Diane