PDA

View Full Version : Susan's Courtside Cafe

orlandobabe
29-05-2003, 07:58
If you fancy a quiet afternoon in the sunshine I can recommend taking a trip to Downtown Kissimmee. That's right under the arch down Main St off the 192 (if you go left you go up the Orange Blossom Trail)

Follow the road round and you will go through a small shopping area just after that go left to the Lakefront Park. You can park at the bottom and have a boat ride, or there are plenty of free swings, water areas for children etc.

Susan's Cafe is off that Main St on South orlando Ave. There's a blue historic building called The Unicorn Bed and Breakfast and Susan's is just along from that.

We got a very warm welcome despite being the only diners. Their building is almost 100 years old and has been lovingly restored keeping as many original features as possible. It's a family run business and Susan and her daughters are really happy to come over and chat. They have only been open 7 weeks. They do delicious coffee, sandwiches, salads, pizzas and deserts but plan to extend the menu-so if anyone has any favourites they would like to see featured I'm sure you would only have to ask.

I had hot grilled chicken sandwich with bacon lettuce provolone cheese and avocado mayo-yum and hubby had oven roasted beef, american cheese, lettuce tomato, onions and dijon vinaigrette.
There are vegetarian options also (John!)

There's also a fantastic antique/curio shop on the Main St which is

huge when you get inside and a real treasure trove.

It's a nice way to while away a few hours!

Oh yes-and we also spotted an alligator in the lake too!