PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Spelling on Tickets

julieanne
11-10-2005, 20:02
We booked our flights with Virgin over the phone.

Ticket receipts (e-tickets) were posted out to us.
Our surname is spelt incorrectly on these - have made a couple of phone calls to Virgin and they said not to worry everything will be ok.
Don't want to have any problems at check in on the day of the the flights, do I believe what I've been told - will it be allright on the night?

CERICROWLEY
11-10-2005, 20:34
Julie

How incorrect is it. They maybe able to do this at check-in. Once we flew with My Travel, they had me down as Mr although the ticket said female.I had no problems.

Ask them to e-mail you a new confirmation with the correct name if you are worried.

julieanne
11-10-2005, 20:40
There is one letter missing from the surname.

I asked for something in writing by way of confirmation but they told me I don't need that - just kept repeating that everything would be fine at check-in.

Let's hope so...

stuart
11-10-2005, 20:45
Must admit, I thought the name on the ticket had to match the name on the passport.

11-10-2005, 21:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
There is one letter missing from the surname.

I asked for something in writing by way of confirmation but they told me I don't need that - just kept repeating that everything would be fine at check-in.

Let's hope so...
[/quote]

Julie if it was me I would push for something in writing, when you phone ask for the manager, I also thought it had to match the passport.

My DOB was wrong on my booking and they changed it as it would not match my passport[msnwink]

Deb
11-10-2005, 21:17
Once Virgin ran my husbands 2 forenames together, and it was accepted @ check in. I did worry though that US immigration may not accept it and he'd be turned back, but we were OK.

taylona
11-10-2005, 21:32
I agree with Mach 2. My reaction would be that I would either ask for the ticket to be corrected(and arrangements could be made to do this at the airport) or have something in writing from Virgin. It may be fine but I like my holiday to be as smoothly and worry free as possible.

Hope you have a great time when you go.

Mo Green
11-10-2005, 22:09
I would ask for them to be corrected - friends of ours had problems earlier this year when the name on the ticket was misspelt.

Ruth
12-10-2005, 02:11
We had this problem once and Virgin told me everything would be fine at check in. I made sure I took that person's name with me, just in case anything went wrong but all was okay:)

julieanne
12-10-2005, 15:35
Another phone call to Virgin with the same result. They insist that there is no need to re-issue tickets and that everything will be fine at check-in.
I have added this persons name (this was a supervisor) to the list of other people I have spoken to.
Seems as if I am going to have to settle for this - even though I would like to have had new tickets.

12-10-2005, 15:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
Another phone call to Virgin with the same result. They insist that there is no need to re-issue tickets and that everything will be fine at check-in.
I have added this persons name (this was a supervisor) to the list of other people I have spoken to.
Seems as if I am going to have to settle for this - even though I would like to have had new tickets.
[/quote]

Julie why not check in online anyway 24hrs before[msnsmile2]