PDA

View Full Version : And another very happy bunny

linsan
08-10-2005, 02:36
Just returned from a week's trip to Florida - my first as the only driver. I booked a 2 door economy as there was only my son and I. When I arrived they tried to talk me into an upgrade but, as there was only 2 of us and I didn't particularly want a big car, I resisted the temptation. The lady at Dollar handed me a set of keys and said I would like the car as it was nice. So my son and I toured the car park looking for a small white two door car and to our amazement it turned out we'd been upgraded to a 7 seater! I've just checked the prices and that was an upgrade worth £54 (almost 45%). Needless to say I'll be using them again, especially through OV.[clap][clap][clap]

Ray&Sarah
08-10-2005, 12:45
Plenty of room for all the shopping then Linda & Drew.[msnsmile2]

linsan
08-10-2005, 19:04
Too right! This was suppose to be a more relaxing holiday after the hectic furnishing expedition in August but still spent time and money in all the shops. Just can't help myself [msnwink]

ellie
13-10-2005, 23:33
You are SO brave, Linda, I have been plucking up the courage for years to take the driving seat - mind you, perhaps it is the sight of my husband looking green that puts me off. He won't let me drive over here, so maybe I will never get the chance.

Mind you, we always take the unlimited drivers option so you never know![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
14-10-2005, 02:56
Go on Ellie you can do it.[msnsmile2]

becbecs
14-10-2005, 13:16
I offered Jane to do some of the driving this year while we were in the states but she said that she was quite happy for me to take the ranes as she had more important things to do like shopping. [msntongue]

dawn
14-10-2005, 14:27
I was forced to take the wheel in the Summer as Alan was only there for part of the time. I quite enjoyed it in the end, but when he came back to Florida I let him do the driving as I can't bear him as a back seat driver [msnwink]

linsan
14-10-2005, 17:44
If I can do it, anyone can do it. Just go for it Ellie. I found it much easier than I expected especially as the cars are all automatic, so it's just point and drive. I only needed to know what P (park) R (reverse) and D (drive) were and that I had to put it into P when I'd stop or before starting the engine and everything else was fine. The only problem I had was when I had to put more petrol sorry gas in, no one told me about lifting the lever after putting the nozzle in the car to start the flow! Did I feel a fool when I found out[:I]
Someone should write an idiot's guide to driving on the right.