PDA

View Full Version : Flights for school hols 2006

zerotone
06-10-2005, 22:33
I have just been getting prices for flights from manchester to orlando for Aug 2006 and can't get anything for less than £700 each. We have always booked early for best prices but if this is the best we are wondering whether its worth taking the risk and booking nearer the time, when flights might get reduced if operaters cant sell them at these prices. Has anyone risked booking late for August before?

Jane

06-10-2005, 22:39
With this route I doubt that will happen, in my view if you want those dates book now, I have had mine booked for some time. £700 sounds about right to me for economy I have paid £1100+ for PE on that route with VA[msnwink]

timmy
06-10-2005, 22:46
I may be wrong but I'd heard that Virgin put on an extra flight last summer from Manchester (Saturdays at least). About a month before flights were being sold for £250 for peak dates in August. We have friends who paid over £600 for the same flights.

wrpac00
06-10-2005, 23:29
Paid £1240 for PE last week travelling on the 26th July, I thought the economy tickets were well over £800 for that time. Mind you that is travelling from Gatwick, don't know if it is cheaper from Manchester.

chrizzy100
06-10-2005, 23:46
I wonder how we did the trip to FL so often from the UK ....now I look back on the prices.........I know I could not afford to travel to England from the USA if the price was $700 per person........

becbecs
06-10-2005, 23:56
This sounds in line with what we paid for our trip in August this year. School Holiday flights are just so expencive for a family of 4. [msncry][msncry][msncry]

07-10-2005, 01:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
Paid £1240 for PE last week travelling on the 26th July, I thought the economy tickets were well over £800 for that time. Mind you that is travelling from Gatwick, don't know if it is cheaper from Manchester.
[/quote]

Its actually more expnsive most of the time[msnsad]

07-10-2005, 01:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by timmy
I may be wrong but I'd heard that Virgin put on an extra flight last summer from Manchester (Saturdays at least). About a month before flights were being sold for £250 for peak dates in August. We have friends who paid over £600 for the same flights.
[/quote]

Not true Im afraid, nice thought though[msnwink]

ellie
07-10-2005, 03:20
Just helped some of our guests to book direct flights in August from MAnchester for £599 including taxes etc. They are pleased with this. Indirect flights would have been a little cheaper.

:)

07-10-2005, 10:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
[/quote]

Looking at my booking a bit closer I have paid £1300 per adult travelling from MAN PE VS 75 on 14 July 2006[msnwink]

Macka
07-10-2005, 13:15
I got WTP for £730. March departure Personally, I'd haul the kids out of school. I woudn't be held to ransom because I had kids.

pieman790
07-10-2005, 14:41
We always used to fly Virgin to Florida before we had kids as they were as cheap as anybody, but like all airlines they really bump up their prices at the slight chance the kids maybe off school. We try and use a half term week but their prices are always still high either side of the half term week.
We continue to get letters from our kids school reminding parents that we should not take kids out of school for family holidays but at £700+ each would mean we could only make one visit a year to Florida.

Macka
07-10-2005, 14:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
We always used to fly Virgin to Florida before we had kids as they were as cheap as anybody, but like all airlines they really bump up their prices at the slight chance the kids maybe off school. We try and use a half term week but their prices are always still high either side of the half term week.
We continue to get letters from our kids school reminding parents that we should not take kids out of school for family holidays but at £700+ each would mean we could only make one visit a year to Florida.
[/quote]

I don't blame you guys. I wouldn't hesitate to take them out, (easy for me to say I know, we don't have any) If school is anything like I remember, they wouldn't miss much in a couple of weeks away.

Travel broadens minds anyway, it's still enriching.[msnwink]

07-10-2005, 15:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka

I got WTP for £730. March departure Personally, I'd haul the kids out of school. I woudn't be held to ransom because I had kids.
[/quote]

My children get asked to leave if we take them out for more than a few days[msnsad] They are at Private Schools which also cost and arm and a leg but they love it[msnsmile2]

dawn
07-10-2005, 15:16
Are the prices similar BA to Tampa? We have done this a couple of times and the drive has been less than an hour.

07-10-2005, 15:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
Are the prices similar BA to Tampa? We have done this a couple of times and the drive has been less than an hour.
[/quote]

Yes I think so, go on the web site and pretend to book and you will get a quote[msnwink]