PDA

View Full Version : BA Flights on 777's

NigelM
28-05-2003, 15:55
Hi

I have booked myself and the family on a BA flight to Orlando next year. I think the aircraft will be a 777 and we have window seats in rows 37 and 38.

Has anyone had any experience of BA on a 777? Am particulalrly interested in the legrom and comfort afforded by the seats and also the entertainment for the children.

Thanks

NM

porky
28-05-2003, 16:12
Hi Nigel,
I have flown several times on BA 777s. I find the seats and leg room quite comfortable. The backk of the seats have the adjustable neck bits so you don't have to remember to take a blow up pillow with you (I always forget). The seat backs have individual TV screens and there's quite a wide choice of viewing.

I can't comment on the children's bits as my babies are 19 and 22 this year :D

Jacqui

Carla
28-05-2003, 16:21
I've just come back from Orlando on a BA 777 flight. It was fine, except for the fact that I had a tall person sitting behind me (both of us had aisle seats) and he was very inconsiderate with his knees, preferring to stick them into my back rather than angle them into the aisle!! I'm only 5' tall, so flying economy is about the only time that I have a big advantage over many other people and more than enough leg room. :D:D

Personally I think that all tall people should be on one side of the plane and the shorter ones on the other!! That way the tall ones only hurt each other and won't make those of us who are properly proportioned, miserable!! :D;);):D

Like any plane if you are tall then you wont have much leg room in economy. The seats are plenty wide enough for most people. Everything else about the flight was fine.:D

K4LGB
28-05-2003, 18:35
Remember to pre-book your childrens meals before you go - this is a recent addition to BA's service.
If you happen to forget you can book on the way out for your return flight!
BA are quite good as they deliver all the specially requested meals before the "normal" food service so it give you a bit of time to get them organised before your food arrives - it also prevents them from missing out on their preferred dish if you happen to be at the rear of a section!

Hope this helps
Cheers
Les

NigelM
28-05-2003, 19:47
Thanks one and all!!

We had a 'mare of a flight last year on BA. No seat back screens and no kid friendly entertainment on the main screens.

Do the cabin staff hand out a bag of goodies to the young ones? last time they ran out.

What kids channels are available?

Cheers

NM

K4LGB
28-05-2003, 20:25
In cattle class BA have 11 video channels to chose from - each channel has a film or a sequence of programme roughly two hours long.
There semeed to be two dedicated childrens films and a cartoon channel out of the 11. One of the films was new (Disneys Treasure Planet) and the other a year or so old (Rugrats/Matilda etc).

In business/first class they have additional channels and video on demand - what really annoyed me about the seatback TVs was that they showed the video of how to get the best out of your "travel space" for the business/first class passengers to the whole aircraft - oh how the other half live!

Cheers
Les

honeybee
29-05-2003, 00:54
Hi we prefer BA over virgin. The childrens meals are a lot better than virgins, we went with BA at xmas and the cabin crew were very good with the children.

We wwent with virgin to LA last month and the standard was nowhere as good as BA. You will enjoy you flight.

Do make sure that you have booked childrens meals thoug. Also they do give a gift pack with goodies in for children

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-05-2003, 01:00
Slightly off topic, but all this talk of BA 777's has got me remembering Sarah and myself travelled back from Honeymoon in Lisbon on a BA 777.

We were upgraded to Club Europe (I think that's what they called it) - the seats were HUGE - you could reach out with your feet and NOT touch the seat in front of you. We were given loads of champagne (we left with a bag full of small bottles, some of which we've still got) and given an exlcusive tour of the flight deck whilst cruiing in over the channel with the white cliffs of Dover in clear sight.

A magical end to a magical honeymoon :D.

sunseeker
31-05-2003, 18:30
Hi
We flew BA777 last oct, they (IOHO) knocked VA into a cocked hat.
The children were given rucksacks full of things to amuse them on entering the aircraft, far more than they got given when we flew VA the year before. They gave the children their meals about 15mins before the adults were given theirs. Great idea, you have plenty of time to help them before your meal arrives. To find out more about onboard entertainment, look at ba.com .
They seemed to have more legroom too, but there again i didnt think VA were that bad either. Just got back from a week in greece, i'd forgotten how little legroom a bucket & spade flight gets:([}:)]

tinyburst
05-06-2003, 01:55
Hi Nigel,

www.seatexpert.com states that "36-38 ABC. Fuselage starts to taper in, some has commented that these seats are narrower."

You might want to try and change them.

Tiny

quote:Originally posted by NigelM

Hi

I have booked myself and the family on a BA flight to Orlando next year. I think the aircraft will be a 777 and we have window seats in rows 37 and 38.

Has anyone had any experience of BA on a 777? Am particulalrly interested in the legrom and comfort afforded by the seats and also the entertainment for the children.

Thanks

NM