PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton world international drive

patrick payne
05-10-2005, 23:04
We are going to sheraton world on 16 of this month and have read some reviews of the hotel. I am now very concerned about it and wish i hadnt looked. Can anyone give me any positive feedback about the hotel?PLease!:(

Arby
05-10-2005, 23:24
In all honesty it's a hotel not a prison or concentration camp. The reality is the vast majority of your time is going to be spent out having fun at various places probably including theme parks and the hotel bed is just merely somewhere to lay your head after a fantastic day out. Of course some hotels are inferior and some are superior, but none are that bad to get yourself in a state about. You're going on holiday, relax and look forward to it...you'll have no end of fun. [msncool]

ellie
06-10-2005, 00:00
We stayed here after 9/11 when our flights were delayed. We had been staying in our villa but when our flights were cancelled our flight operator put us up in this resort (free) until we could all fly home. It was a bit of a shock to be sharing a room and a bathroom, but the facilities on site were adequate, and it is near the parks. We were looked after well during our stay.

I would not be too worried, as it is a nice enough hotel, with lovely pools. We were in the tower, but I must admit I would not have wanted to have been in the rooms overlooking the pools on the ground floor - they seemed a bit dark and gloomy, as people walk past their front doors so you have to keep the curtains shut. But if you are not happy with your room once you get there, then ask to be moved. Any hotel worth its salt will do so happily if they have availability.

Perhaps another time you might consider renting one of the luxury villas available on this site, so you would have less worry? Then you would be able to talk directly to the owners, decide what facilities you most wanted, and have the reassurance that you would be staying in a beautiful home with your own swimming pool and many many extras not available in a hotel. The big difference in renting a villa and booking a hotel is the great support villa owners give to their guests. Once you book a hotel etc. and have paid the money most tour operators don't want to know. Most villa owners offer a service second to none, and make sure that their guests experience a holiday that is truly 'out of this world'. But one word of caution, beware of villas offered by big tour operators, they pay their villa owners peanuts, and you do not know which villa you have been assigned until your arrival - and that could be a shock! Looking after a villa and maintaining it to a high standard costs a great deal, and the old adage, 'you get what you pay for' is certainly true of villa rentals.

But if you have a family, you would find not having to share one small room, one bathroom and one television an added bonus. With a villa you have all the space, freedom and luxury which make a holiday really special. I must admit that since owning a villa we would never consider a hotel, as sharing such a small space with the rest of the family seems completely unbearable now! Also, we love to be out on our pool deck without having to book a lounger at 6.00 am or put up with hoardes of people jumping on top of us as we try to swim!

I do hope you have a wonderful time, but if you ever consider going again, then take a peep at some of the villas on here - you will be surprised at the luxurious homes available.:)

chrizzy100
06-10-2005, 00:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by patrick payne
We are going to sheraton world on 16 of this month and have read some reviews of the hotel. I am now very concerned about it and wish i hadnt looked. Can anyone give me any positive feedback about the hotel?PLease!:(
[/quote]

I just had a look at the reviews........mixed...but it seems like if you speak up they will act....and act quickly.....its seems a few people where worried about reviews......but found things put right with just a call.......I would not worry and just have fun.....

steph_goodrum
06-10-2005, 01:50
Patrick
The thing to consider is in all probability human nature dictates that where people have had a good experience they go home and tell their friends and family about it but dont necessarily comment either to the hotel, message boards etc but you can guarantee if they have had a bad experience then they will be quick to make sure as many people as possible know about it.

At the end of the day it's booked , presumably paid for so if you can't change it, don't beat yourself up about it too much but go along with an open mind and judge for yourself. If you have your brochure details with you to compare and when you arrive it is lacking (or usually the most important dirty etc) then make sure you ask the hotel and if necessary put in writing your concerns whilst you are there and ask to be reaccommodated if necessary.

I'm sure it will be just fine, the Sheratons worldwide that we have seen have been of a reasonable standard.

Have a great trip and dont forget to tell us all about it when you get back (or sooner if you can:))

sully62
06-10-2005, 02:43
My Cousin and Family stayed there last year, not a bad word to say about it

Macka
06-10-2005, 14:06
Patrick,

If you can, contact them and insist you have a tower room. If you can't, don't worry, It's a nice Hotel anyway.

You'll have a great time.

Madabouttigger
06-10-2005, 21:16
Patrick - on our 1st visit to Orlando we booked a hotel on I Drive and the location is very good. Seaworld at one end and Universal Studios at the other. There are loads of good restaurents around you (try Bahama Breeze), and shops too. As stated previously you won't be in the room much - just to sleep so don't worry - Orlando is such a fantastic place you wont be disapointed.

Diane

cheekychops05
07-10-2005, 17:46
Hi Patrick,

I've just come back from orlando, I had stayed across the road from sheraton world at days inn international.

I have to say i read mix reviews about Days Inn, quite a few I had read stated they thought they were in the middle of Police Camera Action it was that bad.

Like many people have said already, the hotel is just a place to keep your belongings and lay your head, there is so much to do in the day and uring the night you won't be there that long. This is the advice i took, Days Inn was not the best hotel but it was good enough to rest!

My partner and I actually said when we were out there that we thought the Sheraton World looked good. It had old Classic American cars parked outside.Its got a good location. Next to Congo River Crazy Golf and plus Dennys is a 2 min walk away - you can't beat there milkshakes

Remember other peoples views may be different from yours.

Have a brillant time. i'm very very jealous

Lianne

Patkin
08-10-2005, 15:57
Hi,

I've also just got back from the Days Inn across from the Sheraton (not the best place i've stayed), the Sheraton looked really really good, don't worry at all about staying there at all.
We stayed in a villa the year before in Florida and I must admit it was brilliant and a hotel is never the same, but the social meetings outside the deli cafe at the Days Inn late at night took some beating. I'm sure you will have a brilliant time at the Sheraton, reviews of hotels sometimes only reflect peoples bad experiences and as said above we are all different in our expectations, the majority probally just enjoyed themselves where ever they stayed........

robin395
11-10-2005, 19:12
PP

We also stayed in Sheraton World Resort during our first visit to Orlando.
It really depends on your own expectations. I found the hotel clean and comfortable, the pool, although quiet was quite nice. I don't know if you have been to Florida before - I hadn't and was shocked at the 'motel' like rooms - so my advice would be to request a tower room - the foyer or lobby was stunning so I expect the rooms in the tower would be also.

Robin and Sara