PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain Go Away

flyrr100
05-10-2005, 16:17
Sorry to the folks who have just arrived, or who are getting ready. We've had rain all week. Not the usual thunder boomers, just rain. It's 7am and it's been raining since around 5ish. Rained most of the day yesterday.
Bring a hat!

Fourdents
05-10-2005, 16:20
Just to make you realy feel "glum" Here in Wales it's a glorious day....sunny, warm ,,,,shall I stop ![msneek]

Linda

pieman790
05-10-2005, 16:22
Just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like more rain still to come. I do have to say we went last year in October and had 16 day of non stop sun and temps around mid to high 80's. The rainy season should be over by now but its like anywhere you still can get rain. There still lots to do in Florida even when its raining

wrpac00
05-10-2005, 16:24
I read it's somewhere that it is a depression that may last most of the week.[msnoo]

05-10-2005, 16:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
Just to make you realy feel "glum" Here in Wales it's a glorious day....sunny, warm ,,,,shall I stop ![msneek]

Linda
[/quote]

Same here Linda[msnwink]

Chloe
05-10-2005, 16:41
Sorry to hear about the rain, but I think you must be unlucky, usually October is a lovely month. Hope it picks up soon. Chloe

becbecs
05-10-2005, 17:07
Sorry to here about the rain, however I would still prefer to be in Florida :D

Robert5988
05-10-2005, 17:15
I am sitting looking out to sea at Tropical Storm 'Tammy' that has just formed 30 miles out to sea. There are huge waves and local flooding.

Andy & Arlene
05-10-2005, 17:18
As long as it's cleared up by Saturday and the sun's shining when we arrive [msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
05-10-2005, 17:24
Here Here Arlene[8D] The last few years we have been to Florida at Easter, but next Friday we return to our favourite time...OCTOBER!!! Whey!! In the 10 consecutive years that we went at that time (last 2 weeks of October) it never rained at all!!:)
More of the same please!![msnwink]

05-10-2005, 17:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
I am sitting looking out to sea at Tropical Storm 'Tammy' that has just formed 30 miles out to sea. There are huge waves and local flooding.
[/quote]

Where abouts are you Robert?

heathercobbett
05-10-2005, 17:54
We are over here at the moment and we have not had continuous rain,just the odd heavy shower with pleqasant temperatures

E. Cosgrove
05-10-2005, 18:40
Even in the rain Florida is great!!

Robert5988
05-10-2005, 19:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Robert5988

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where abouts are you Robert?[/quote]

My place is on the beach between Cocoa Beach and Melbourne.

Tammy is moving North of us at the moment - the center is 60 miles or so from Orlando but the local TV says it is going to bring some serious rain(several Inches) to central Florida in the next day or two.

That said it is not forecast to become a damaging storm, like last year's efforts, to central Florida. Flooding is the main danger.

chrizzy100
05-10-2005, 19:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:quote:
Originally posted by Robert5988

Where abouts are you Robert?[/quote]

My place is on the beach between Cocoa Beach and Melbourne.

Tammy is moving North of us at the moment - the center is 60 miles or so from Orlando but the local TV says it is going to bring some serious rain(several Inches) to central Florida in the next day or two.

That said it is not forecast to become a damaging storm, like last year's efforts, to central Florida. Flooding is the main danger.
[/quote]

I know my bug man said a lot of the lakes and ponds are very high...and some of the roads were flooded a few weeks ago.....not enough to be a big problem then....but more rain is really not needed.......

steph_goodrum
05-10-2005, 20:06
We were there from 12th -23rd Sept and only had rain on the last couple of days, and then not continuous,the rest of the time it was mid 90s every day.

linsan
05-10-2005, 20:10
We're here at the moment and it is only showers although some have been heavy. It is still warm and much, much preferable to Manchester rain!
For those of you coming out this weekend it is supposed to become much dryer from Sunday onwards.

chrizzy100
05-10-2005, 20:11
We only had a few days of real rain in Sept..while we were there......looking at the radar people could be needing their wellie boots for a few days........

millie
05-10-2005, 20:54
Even in the pouring rain - I know eher I would rather be! Pop on your Mickeys macs and have a fab time![msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
05-10-2005, 21:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
Even in the pouring rain - I know eher I would rather be! Pop on your Mickeys macs and have a fab time![msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Same here Mille.:D

We found that the rain was pretty localised when we were there in August/September. Raining in one place but 5 minutes down the road it would be bone dry.[msnsmile2]

Madabouttigger
05-10-2005, 21:12
Over here in the North west it is a beautiful warm sunny day - even sat in the garden with a cup of coffee BUT I do know where I'd rather be........ [msnwink]

Lesley and John
06-10-2005, 19:14
Ray&Sarah - you are right it can be very localised and often it doesn't last too long. Here in Southern Dunes we have had more sun than rain - I've got a touch of sunburn too. The sun is out now. Right, back to the pool for a dip. Byeeee
John

luckylady
06-10-2005, 19:30
I have this minute spoke to my guests in my 4 bed leaving tomorrow
They have said the same never stopped raining all week. still don't want to come home
I know where I wiuld rather be regardless of the rain
[msnwink][msnwink]

chrizzy100
06-10-2005, 20:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by luckylady
I have this minute spoke to my guests in my 4 bed leaving tomorrow
They have said the same never stopped raining all week. still don't want to come home
I know where I wiuld rather be regardless of the rain
[msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

I miss the rain to be honest............we don't get much in the summer on the Cape.......or in winter for that matter.......
But I don't like rain on holiday.......no matter where I am......unless its a good old downpouring thunderstorm.........