PDA

View Full Version : Amirah's Disney Trip Report!

Amirah
28-05-2003, 00:27
10-May to 17-May

Day One!
We had a wonderful 7 nights and 8 eight days in Orlando. Our villa was very nice but my husband was very disappointed with the fishing facility. Basically, Anderson explained it as a little pond with little paddle boats. LOL. When we got there after driving (it only took us 14 hours to get there and three full tanks of gas) the lady at the front desk wouldn't let us check in because we got there too early (7am)and check in was at 4pm. My husband was so mad...they gave us a little beeper for use on the property until a room became available. The little beeper never went off. Anderson must have went in there about 7 times between the hours of 7am and 2pm. The last time he went in, which was at 2pm, he came out with a key. My daughter and I were in the car sleeping because it was so so so hot. To my understanding, Anderson went in and started a ruckus. He called out the manager and demanded a villa. We own a timeshare where we live but not in Orlando so we should have gotten the owners treatment when we arrived, per the manager. They gave us one of the best rooms and everything was complimentary from long distance phone calls to kitchen aids to unlimited video rentals, etc. Anderson said that the lady had gotten into trouble for that stunt. But once we got in (around 3pm) we were very very happy. The first night we went to the Walmart SuperCenter (which is a dream come true)and we went food shopping and picked up some clothing and pool aids. What we didn't like about the Liki Tiki Village is they claim to be a 5 star resort, but I beg to differ. What we really liked about it is that we were placed in a quiet area away from the pool and the resort was small (not a lot of people) which made it more private and enjoyable.

Day 2!
The next day we to Magic Kingdom (I totally loved it). We went on everything except for the Swiss Family Treehouse tour. We met Mickey at the Toon Town Fair and took a family picture with him. I was happy. After that day, my feet and legs were killing me and it was hot. We took advantage of the fast passes which worked out very very well. I was impressed. My favorite Disney character has got to be Captain Hook from Peter Pan. You can find him at Pirates of the Carribean (I liked that ride too). He had an attitude but it was very amusing :) We ate at Tony's Townsquare which is on Main Street. We didn't really like the menu so we just ordered dessert and it was delicious. I had the chocolate cheese cake, my daughter ice cream of course and my husband had like a tart with pudding, he loved it. Our favorite rides are Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean. We didn't get to see Fantasy in the sky :( because we went on a Sunday and they were only showing it on Saturdays and Wednesdays.

Day 3!
We went to Animal Kingdom and we didn't have such a good time there (maybe we were still pooped from Magic Kingdom). It was very muggy and hot that day. That park is small compared to the other Disney Parks or it seems smaller. We had the pleasure of taking the safari tour and we really liked that. We spent most of our time in Rafiki's Planet Watch at the animal museum and the petting zoo. My husband and our daughter really liked the interaction with the animals. I was exhausted 3 hours into the park. We watched street performances in Africa and that was very entertaining. I think I enjoyed that more than anything at that park. 3pm came around and all the fast passes were out and the lines for Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur were all too long to wait. We said forget it, maybe next year and headed on over to It's Hard to Be a Bug 3D show (is that what it's called?). That show was great, my daughter really liked that one and so did we (we were finally out the heat). Then after that we headed back to our villa! Yay!

Day 4!
We tried to take advantage of the resort amenities but we didn't succeed with the outdoor ones but we rented a lot movies and rel

millie
28-05-2003, 02:33
Glad you had a great time. We are off in 6 days time - can't wait! What were the queues like - and the weather???

Amirah
28-05-2003, 23:59
The queues weren't bad. We were able to ride our favorite rides and shows multiple times while were there and the weather was great except for the one day it rained for two hours but it cooled us off. Have fun!!!! I wish I could go back again this year...darn.

orlandobabe
05-06-2003, 21:22
Hi Amirah
we were there May 10-May 17 too and I've never known it as hot. High 90's I think then it got a bit stormy after that. I loved that heat-it was just what we needed to de-stress us-like being in a big turkish bath.

Loved your trip reports. Was intrigued about your comment re-Publix being too expensive.

Where would you recommend for food shopping. It all seems very expensive-so where do locals go?

Amirah
05-06-2003, 22:03
Orlando Babe,

Thanks for taking the time to read my report! Yes, it was hot that week. I recommend you to food shop at Walmart Supercenter down on 192E (the one on the way to WDW). That place was recommended to me from people on this site. We stayed close to Rt 27 and had to travel about 12 minutes to get to Walmart, but it was worth it (we saved a lot of money). Publix was a disappointment for me price wise. They have the same prices we have here in New York and New Jersey where we pay a fortune for everything. That rain did cool us off! I thanked the Gods for that stunt.

Amirah:)