PDA

View Full Version : Cooler boxes

steph_goodrum
18-02-2002, 14:02
Don't underestimate the polystyrene cooler boxes found in Walmart and Publix etc. for about $4. We bought one when we were going to Merritt Island to watch a shuttle launch, knowing they advised to get there about 3 hours prior to launch and packed it not knowing whether the salad etc. would be in any condition to eat as it was mid August and in the 90's. As well as a couple of the ice blocks, we froze a few Capri sun drinks to act as ice blocks (good tip for the kids actually if you freeze these - they can either have them as lollies or wait until they start to melt a bit and they are a bit like slush puppies), we even put chocolate in to see how it fared. Six hours later everything was still cold and some of the drinks hadn't even started to thaw. We left it for guests to use and it's still there 6 months later.

steph

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-02-2002, 14:58
The parks will even let you in with cooler boxes if you tell them they are for dietary reasons (we're vegetarians) and don't think the parks restaurants can provide the diet you need.

Stow them in the lockers just inside the park entrances and then return at lunchtime.

Saves a fortune and means that yoou don't have to be stuck with the standard burger and fries all the time!

John & Sarah

athurstance
18-02-2002, 17:52
We put one in the boot (trunk) of the car while we're in the parks with extra drinks and snacks. Then when we swap parks we can stock up again with cool drinks etc.

Theresa
19-02-2002, 15:30
We do the same come out for lunch then go back into another park. My friend went for the fist time to Florida last year she spent around $100 a day on food at the parks (that was for 2 adults and 2 children) as she had both lunch and evening meal there. She is going again this year but is going to have to cut down on spending. I have suggested she take her own lunch this time.

imported_n/a
20-02-2002, 01:26
Steph

Can you buy Capri Sun over there? We've always frozen the bottles of water but never thought of that.

Thanks
JANE

carole7007
20-02-2002, 01:44
We purchased something very similar from Wal-Mart and Publix.

They also had fresh orange pouches.

Carole & Keith

steph_goodrum
20-02-2002, 04:46
I can't remember if it is the same name or just the same sort of pouches, but they obviously taste as good as we keep buying them.
I use them as ice packs in the lunch boxes here to keep the lunch fresher for the kids at school.

steph

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 19/02/2002 23:48:40