PDA

View Full Version : buying a resale villa on westridge

Gary Marriott
27-05-2003, 23:31
hi everyone, wondering if anybody has bought a resale villa at anytime [ are they a better option than new, certainly cheaper]
in particular at westridge off the I-27 , is it very hard work renting these out? i will have to rent it out at least 35 - 40 weeks of the year to meet mortgage and other commitments, is this possible?i will be buying through a company called Pilgrim uk Ltd who will also be my management company out there, anyone know anything about them?[8D]

Theresa
27-05-2003, 23:51
Hi Gary

I bought a re-sale on Westridge saved a lot of money, also I didn't buy through a company like Pilgrim - I went direct to the realtor. However in the three years I have owned, the maximum amount of weeks booked is 26 weeks, my ambition is to get 30 weeks. Where ever you buy there is so much competition and yes you do have to work very very hard (which all the owners on this site do). Certainly wouldn't do it again.

Bob
09-06-2003, 20:26
Hi Gary,

I have just registered with this site as I too am looking to buy a resale villa on westridge. I have rented various villas on both the manors and westridge over the past 4 years.

As a family (wife and two kids) we try to get to florida once or twice a year and we thought it would make sense in looking to buy. My aim is to look for other peole who may want to buy a quater/third share, thus reducing the overall outlay and maintainnce. Have you considered this?

From a novice angle I have little info on what the running cost of a typical 4 bed villa would be . May be anybody out there could give me some insight.

Regards

Bob (from Wigan)

fiona
09-06-2003, 21:31
I allow for running costs of $1000 per month plus mortgage - of whatever amount.

On top of that are insurances, taxes etc.

Offspring
09-07-2003, 01:40
Hi All,

I'm new to the Forum but I live in Westridge for the past 10 years. It's a great Subdivision to live or invest in. I've noticed there have been some really good re-sale deals out there. I run a small caretaker business and most of the homes I look after are in Westridge. It seems like the owners do a real good job at booking there homes. Most houses are booked for the better part of the year.

chrizzy100
09-07-2003, 03:35
quote:Originally posted by Gary Marriott

hi everyone, wondering if anybody has bought a resale villa at anytime [ are they a better option than new, certainly cheaper]
in particular at westridge off the I-27 , is it very hard work renting these out? i will have to rent it out at least 35 - 40 weeks of the year to meet mortgage and other commitments, is this possible?i will be buying through a company called Pilgrim uk Ltd who will also be my management company out there, anyone know anything about them?[8D]

I'd get a realtor in Orlando....and get them to send you info too....
I have a good realtor.....and I'm sure tons of others have too......:)

Tracy
11-07-2003, 00:19
Hi Gary

We are buying not too far away from Wesridge, on Tuscan Ridge, we received a great deal of information from a lot of different companies, we used the one who seemed to be the most impartial. We weren't sure if we were going to go for a resale or new and wanted someone who would work with us rather than push us in one particular direction.

We also did a great deal of home work, so we wouldn't have the wool pulled over our eyes. Being realistic and with next year being our first year, we are hoping to get about 25 weeks bookings, in time I am sure we can built this up, but it takes time.

Also the amount of time we spend everyday when we finish the day job and get the kids to bed, we start the second job, going through different sites, looking for other places to advertise and replying to at times many enquiries. It is very time consuming !!

On saying that we wouldn't look back, even though we sill only have a sandpit to look at. No regrets - yet

chrizzy100
11-07-2003, 00:47
quote:Originally posted by Tracy

Hi Gary

We are buying not too far away from Wesridge, on Tuscan Ridge, we received a great deal of information from a lot of different companies, we used the one who seemed to be the most impartial. We weren't sure if we were going to go for a resale or new and wanted someone who would work with us rather than push us in one particular direction.

We also did a great deal of home work, so we wouldn't have the wool pulled over our eyes. Being realistic and with next year being our first year, we are hoping to get about 25 weeks bookings, in time I am sure we can built this up, but it takes time.

Also the amount of time we spend everyday when we finish the day job and get the kids to bed, we start the second job, going through different sites, looking for other places to advertise and replying to at times many enquiries. It is very time consuming !!

On saying that we wouldn't look back, even though we sill only have a sandpit to look at. No regrets - yet

Right now we have pumping....:)

If I could swing it I would buy one smaller Villa....and the large one at The Village......but most of the plots have gone already......:(

Danuta
21-09-2003, 18:28
Hello
I'm new to this site and only found it by accident.Have just returned from a 2 week Orlando holiday and whilst there viewed Indian Creek out of curiosity. Although we weren't keen on that development, it has started us thinking about buying a holiday rental home in Orlando. The whole process seems like a mine-field when you're just beginning and I wondered if any people could offer suggestions to us novices as to the best place to start from.