PDA

View Full Version : K4LGB

K4LGB
27-05-2003, 15:48
Not particularily new to the forum but here goes.....

My name is Leslie Brown and I live in Stonehaven, 15mls south of Aberdeen in NE Scotland, with my fiancée Babette who originally hails from Portsmouth, SE England.
We both work in the oil industry for multi-national companies.
We have been together for six years, got engaged two years ago and are expecting our first child in October.

I have been in the US four times now.
First time was on a 12 day rugby tour to Texas in April 1992 – played in Galveston, San Antonio and Houston - highlight was probably visiting the Alamo in downtown San Antonio.
Second time was a 10 day trip to New York with Babette – did everything including the helicopter trip and queued to get into the torch of the Statue of Liberty – we were on the top of the WTC on 11th March – exactly six months before 9/11 – a chilling reminder when we watch the video of the trip.
Our first trip to Orlando was a weeklong hotel holiday in June 2002.
Our first time in a villa was April/May 2003 at Thousand Oaks where we also did some touring around Florida during a 13-night trip. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3905'] ('[url) Check Out Our Trip Report [/url]

Most interesting fact is that our house was hit by lightning last August (yes – we were in at the time) and we had an insurance claim to replace nearly every electrical item in the house!

chrizzy100
28-05-2003, 23:09
We moved from Pompy to the States 3 years ago....Fareham....

K4LGB
29-05-2003, 15:55
Babette lived in Clanfield (up the A3 a bit from Pompy) but I met her when we both worked with Motorola in Maidenhead. Her family still stay there but it is about a 550miles drive from Aberdeen so we don't see them very often. No doubt all that will change when we give them their first grandchild later in the year! :D

Cheers
Les

chrizzy100
29-05-2003, 19:32
My family moved to Wales after we moved over here.....my husbands family live in Southsea.....but it looks like his brothers moving over to New York if he marries his girlfriend next year.....congrats on the baby......[8D]