PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom/Epcot Dilemna

Macka
02-10-2005, 12:10
Thinking caps on please folks.

On our next trip to Florida, Me, Mrs. Macka and my Mum (who have all been many times before) are taking Mum's newish Hubby Eddie, who has never been to Florida before. We intend to do MK in the morning, then move to Epcot mid afternoon. (long story, don't ask).

We've done this before, by parking at Epcot and getting the Monorail/Ferry to MK so that we can pick up the car after illuminations and go straight home rather than trawling back to MK.

My problem is that I don't want Eddie to see Epcot (spaceship earth basically) so as not to spoil the effect for him when he gets there in the afternoon. I thought of dropping the two of them at MK (can I do this without paying parking costs twice?)then Me and Mrs' macka will drive to Epcot, park and then go back to MK.

Can anyone suggest a better way?

TINAPETERS
02-10-2005, 13:23
Why not park the car at Magic Kingdom for the morning, then once you have finished drive to Epcot.
You only need to pay car parking once as you keep the ticket on the dash board. The others could use the monorail if they wanted.

This stands for using strollers as well, once you have paid for the hire for the day you can transfer the hire to any park if you are hopping.

brizzle
02-10-2005, 13:40
I'm pretty sure you can drop people off without paying for parking so if you want you can drop them off, drive to EPCOT and get the monorail back to MK to meet them as planned.

Brizzle.

caroline
02-10-2005, 13:53
You can definitely drop off without paying, however you can pay at any Disney car park and use the icket all day in all disney park car parks, so it wouldn't matter if you paid at MK when you dropped them off and then moved the car over to Epcot.

Aiminghigh
02-10-2005, 14:03
We did this type of thing a couple of times on our last visit and found it easier to move the car during the day when we were actually going to the last park.(On previous visits,we'd parked the car at the Park we wanted to end the day at and spent ages using the transport. We can't believe we'd not done this before-so quick [msnscared])

steph_goodrum
02-10-2005, 17:30
It depends on time of year you are travelling sometimes, in peak seasons we always park at the final car park and do the travelling whilst everyone is fresh to the first park as we know there will be a high volume of people/cars at the end of the day., this time the car parks were so empty that when we hopped we drove from one park to another, sometimes the car parks are so full that if you drive you can have dificulty parking.

stabard
02-10-2005, 18:31
WE too just parked at MK in the morning and then moved the car when we wanted to swap parks. Only paid the parking once and there was no hassle parking at all.

Dopeysfriend
02-10-2005, 20:01
Yes, you only pay car parking once and can move between as many disney parks as you like during the same day.

It is also very easy to drop off at MK. When you go throught the booths tell them you are dropping off. They will direct you to the right hand lane of traffic. This takes you to where the disabled parking bays are very close to the underpass beside the ticket booths. After drop off you can drive to Epcot then get the Monorail back if that's your preferred option.

Hope this helps

Christine

millie
02-10-2005, 22:50
One thing to think about.................

The fast passes for things like Soarin go very quickly and by the time you get there in the afternoon they may have either run out or be near the end of the day.

It might be worth running in when you park with your tickets and getting fast passes for say Soarin and then when you come back in the afternoon can ride it. You can still use a fast pass even if it has gone over the time period printed on it.

Macka
03-10-2005, 13:19
Ok thanks everyone, We'll use the car then to change, I didn't know you only paid parking once.

It just shows you doesn't it, I've been going to Florida and Disney for over twenty years and I learn something new about it every day nearly. You get a bit set in your ways and so being on this forum opens up lots more possibilities.

Thanks again all.

Paul.

SunLover
03-10-2005, 14:26
Have a great trip [8D]