PDA

View Full Version : E Tickets

AngelaB
28-09-2005, 11:42
Sorry to be stupid as veryone on here probably already knows this question....[msnscared]

We have booked through Charter Travel for our trip in February 2006, now then can someone please tell me about E tickets? Ie: What they are exactly and how they are used ?

Sorry again ....[msnembarrased]

orlando novice
28-09-2005, 11:46
We are travelling with virgin next week and have got e tickets, when you check in they apparently give you the real thing, I spoke to a friend of mine who is a flight attendent for Virgin and she says its perfectly normal and the way they do things now.

ravtino
28-09-2005, 11:46
When we flew with Virgin last year they just e-mailed the tickets to us and we took them to the airport, this year we had printed e-tickets sent from Charter and we did the same just took them to the airport, no problems at all.

We didn't get given anything else just kept the same thing for coming back.
Its not a stupid question:Dwe all learn by asking:D:D

Macka
28-09-2005, 11:55
Yes, an E-ticket is mailed to you. Print it off, and take it with you when you check in. You don't get "proper tickets" at check in, you get boarding passes for the outward journey. I can only speak for BA, but we got boarding passes for the outward journey and tickets for the return.

Enjoy!

Paul.

Katys Grandad
28-09-2005, 12:04
e-tickets are not actually 'tickets' at all. They are really receipts so, providing you have a reference and ID, (which will be your passport) you can travel. The airline will have your name on their inventory and issue boarding passes. A few weeks ago I travelled on multi-flight itinerary transatlantic and within the US and wasn't asked to produce a 'ticket' once.

Having said all that, you would be wise to take whatever you have with you just in case.

LiesaAnna
28-09-2005, 12:15
was about to say the same as above!! so i guess you get the idea now?
have a great time!!:D

pieman790
28-09-2005, 13:22
Alot of the budget airlines have been using e tickets for some time now. All the airline are looking for is a number on the ticket which i pressume they key into their machine. You still get a boarding card.

AngelaB
29-09-2005, 01:34
Thanks everyone, its much clearer now...cheers[msnsmile2]

29-09-2005, 09:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
e-tickets are not actually 'tickets' at all. They are really receipts so, providing you have a reference and ID, (which will be your passport) you can travel. The airline will have your name on their inventory and issue boarding passes. A few weeks ago I travelled on multi-flight itinerary transatlantic and within the US and wasn't asked to produce a 'ticket' once.

Having said all that, you would be wise to take whatever you have with you just in case.
[/quote]

Well said[clap][clap][clap]