PDA

View Full Version : Food on B A Flights

nic1
27-09-2005, 13:42
Hi,Everyone we are off on our first trip to Florida in 3 weeks,1 day,2hours and ten minutes,can anyone tell me if B A have sorted out there on board food,since their dispute,now 3 weeks,1 day and 4 minutes(slow keyboard skills sorry)

shenon
27-09-2005, 13:51
Hi Nic
we flew with them last week and everything was fine, infact it was a lovely flight....have a great holiday[8D]

Macka
27-09-2005, 14:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nic1
Hi,Everyone we are off on our first trip to Florida in 3 weeks,1 day,2hours and ten minutes,can anyone tell me if B A have sorted out there on board food,since their dispute,now 3 weeks,1 day and 4 minutes(slow keyboard skills sorry)
[/quote]

Only Heathrow ever had a problem Nic, Go to BA.com for updates on the homepage, but even if you are going from H/R you won't have a problem, any lingering niggles will be sorted out by then.

27-09-2005, 15:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nic1
[/quote]

Only Heathrow ever had a problem Nic, Go to BA.com for updates on the homepage, but even if you are going from H/R you won't have a problem, any lingering niggles will be sorted out by then.
[/quote]

Macka I am going to have to teach you the correct 3 letter airport codes[msnwink][msnwink]

London Heathrow = LHR
London Gatwick = LGW
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

nic1 if you are flying from Gatwick there are no problems with catering - BA food is always very good from UK bases, hope you have a great flight[msnwink]

Macka
27-09-2005, 15:52
Macka I am going to have to teach you the correct 3 letter airport codes[msnwink][msnwink]

Yes Miss.[msnembarrased]

sundowner
27-09-2005, 16:07
You will get detention for that one Macka

27-09-2005, 16:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
You will get detention for that one Macka
[/quote]

Absolutely!!! 500 skips tonight with your skipping rope[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Macka
27-09-2005, 17:05
Ooooh. 500.[xx(]

I'll have a go.[msntongue]

eagleydo
27-09-2005, 20:16
Hope they've stopped giving 16 and 18 year olds,6'+ lads, kiddies meals! Still find this unfunny even now and have been using Virgin for the following 3 years because of it.

Macka
27-09-2005, 20:30
Personally I'd kill for Fish Fingers and alphabetispaghetti on a flight.
[:P]

Carla
27-09-2005, 20:52
Somebody must have given them the wrong information. [msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
Hope they've stopped giving 16 and 18 year olds,6'+ lads, kiddies meals! Still find this unfunny even now and have been using Virgin for the following 3 years because of it.
[/quote]

27-09-2005, 20:59
[/quote]

Child meals are for under 12's and are only provided when ordered by the parents[?][?]

All you had to do was refuse and they would have been given adult meals they always have spares I should know[msnwink]

eagleydo
27-09-2005, 21:38
Refused kiddies meals, but they said they had no adults meals spare and they could take or leave, eldest went without and we all gave them a share of ours. There were 11 0f us in all. I ordered tickets direct from BA, they were definately NOT ordered childrens meals. The return flight was the same, but a stewardess came back later with one adult meal(we also made sure they had a good meal before getting on the plane).
Just to heap insult upon injury the 7 year old with us did not get a kiddiebackpack, forgot him and then said they had run out, small matter but annoying.
I complained to BA when I arrived home. There response was,sorry and hopefully next time we booked we would not have any problems. I was not happy and wrote back saying we would NEVER book with them again and have never done so.

Fourdents
27-09-2005, 22:16
QUOTE " Personally I'd kill for Fish Fingers and alphabetispaghetti on a flight." Macka

Mac....Thou shalt not kill ![msntongue][msntongue] even fish fingers LOL diet LOL

Lin

27-09-2005, 22:39
Refused kiddies meals, but they said they had no adults meals spare and they could take or leave, eldest went without and we all gave them a share of ours. There were 11 0f us in all. I ordered tickets direct from BA, they were definately NOT ordered childrens meals. The return flight was the same, but a stewardess came back later with one adult meal(we also made sure they had a good meal before getting on the plane).
Just to heap insult upon injury the 7 year old with us did not get a kiddiebackpack, forgot him and then said they had run out, small matter but annoying.
I complained to BA when I arrived home. There response was,sorry and hopefully next time we booked we would not have any problems. I was not happy and wrote back saying we would NEVER book with them again and have never done so.
[/quote]

That would not have happened on one of my flights[msnmad][msnmad] Was the flight from Gatwick Lin[?]

Macka
27-09-2005, 23:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
QUOTE " Personally I'd kill for Fish Fingers and alphabetispaghetti on a flight." Macka

Mac....Thou shalt not kill ![msntongue][msntongue] even fish fingers LOL diet LOL

Lin
[/quote]

Ooh no Lin,

They were sustainable fishy fingers from fishy finger farms. The fishys are kept in large cages too.[msnwink]

And the alphabeti spaghetti is free range.

berni_richards
27-09-2005, 23:25
i have just come back (Saturday) and Yes I can confirm that BA Gatwick to/from Orlando was a great flight take off(s) and both landings too and that from someone who doesn't really like taking off or bing on a plane more than 2 hrs maximum.

Have a great time

Berni

Sally D
27-09-2005, 23:56
[quote]Originally posted by eagleydo

It's usually the other way, isn't it.

Have ordered childrens meals but don't always get them[msnsad]

Although last year when we went with BA we had no problems, Virgin never had enough to go around when we went with them.

eagleydo
28-09-2005, 02:04
Yes it was LGW, Lin.

bellaepovera
28-09-2005, 02:37
I personally do not choose an airline for the food they serve as I dont really enjoy eating the main meal. I choose BA because I like their service and I get good prices on flights.

fiona
28-09-2005, 04:01
Well we won't fly Virgin because of a appalling crew, food all wrong etc. so it's horses for courses isn't it? We started flying BA for preference about 8 years ago and as Patti says, I don't choose them for the food, but for the service and their prices, if we get good food on board it is a bonus! We flew back from Miami in the summer when the Gate Gourmet strike was on, they gave us $20 each to spend at the airport and still produced rolls both for a snack and then for breakfast. Have just booked our Christmas flights[msnsmile2].

28-09-2005, 09:55
Yes it was LGW, Lin.
[/quote]

Lin you can't get the really good crews at Gatwick, Heathrow crews are much better[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

I must admit I now use Virgin direct from Manchester and the crews are nothing special they are all very pretty but not very warm, I think if you can't look after your passengers they way you would if it was your own family sitting there then you should not be tne in the job, I do feel more at home with BA obviously and at the end of the day I do think BA crew are the best[msnwink]

Macka
28-09-2005, 13:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
Yes it was LGW, Lin.
[/quote]

Lin you can't get the really good crews at Gatwick, Heathrow crews are much better[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

I must admit I now use Virgin direct from Manchester and the crews are nothing special they are all very pretty but not very warm, I think if you can't look after your passengers they way you would if it was your own family sitting there then you should not be tne in the job, I do feel more at home with BA obviously and at the end of the day I do think BA crew are the best[msnwink]
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more Julie.

I know others have had bad experiences of BA, that's been covered before here, but BA crew always seem to be very friendly, helpful and courteous, irrespective of the class you fly in too. I must also leap to the defence of Gatwick air crew Julie. We've been 4 times from Gatwick and can't fault front desk or aircrew. There's no excuse for poor service on any airline. Personally I don't expect fantastic meals on a flight so I'm never disappointed but often pleasantly surprised, I don't expect to be treated like a V.I.P. either but I do expect a smile, and courtesy, because that's what anyone will get from me and Mrs. Macka. Harruumph! We don't forget however that anyone can have a bad day, especially aircrew who often have to bear the brunt of other people's cock ups.

Oh one more thing, Julie, did you ever use the oxygen on your flights to relieve a bad hangover? (saw that on the telly) Well? Did you? Hmmm?[msnsmile2]

28-09-2005, 16:06
Oh one more thing, Julie, did you ever use the oxygen on your flights to relieve a bad hangover? (saw that on the telly) Well? Did you? Hmmm?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr??????????????OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhErrrr rrrrrrrrrrr?????????????? YES!!!!!!!!!![msnwink][msnwink]Works a treat!!! Have used it in a real emergency too[msnscared][msnscared]

Macka
28-09-2005, 16:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
Oh one more thing, Julie, did you ever use the oxygen on your flights to relieve a bad hangover? (saw that on the telly) Well? Did you? Hmmm?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr??????????????OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhErrrr rrrrrrrrrrr?????????????? YES!!!!!!!!!![msnwink][msnwink]Works a treat!!! Have used it in a real emergency too[msnscared][msnscared]
[/quote]

yes, thought so.[}:)]

Macka
29-09-2005, 18:52
UPDATE.

All BA long haul are back to normal as far as meals are concerned with the possible exception of special meals.

[:P]