PDA

View Full Version : Turning right on a red light

E. Cosgrove
25-09-2005, 16:09
I wonder if someone can settle something that has been puzzling me.
Having just returned from Florida and done quite a bit of driving, I find I am unsure of the procedure when turning right at red lights where there is a filter arrow showing red. I know you cannot turn if it specifically says no right turn on red light, but thought this was also the case if the red filter arrow was showing, having watched other drivers it would seem this is not the case, or is it?

flyrr100
25-09-2005, 16:20
You can turn right at a red light even if there's a red filter. Just stop first. It's the same procedure as a stop sign.
The only time you can't turn right on a red light is if there a sign. "NO TURN ON RED".

E. Cosgrove
25-09-2005, 18:16
Thanks, thats sorted that one out, didn't like the thought of someone sitting behind me and hooting their horn![msnoo]

esprit
25-09-2005, 20:49
At a cross roads, always make sure there is nothing coming from straight across as well as from the left when turning on ared filter, there are lights from celebration onto 192 where I havce nearly come a cropper on that one. Cant believe you are home already, Liz, that went so quick.

E. Cosgrove
25-09-2005, 21:20
It is the lights at the end of Old Lake Wilson rd and 192 which were catching me out Julie, and yes ....it went really quickly but less than 6 weeks and like Arnie, I'll be back[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
At a cross roads, always make sure there is nothing coming from straight across as well as from the left when turning on ared filter, there are lights from celebration onto 192 where I havce nearly come a cropper on that one. Cant believe you are home already, Liz, that went so quick.
[/quote]

CarolAnn
25-09-2005, 21:25
I may have to give my guest your number Liz...6 weeks till you return is that right[msnwink]