PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane heading for Texas

Fourdents
22-09-2005, 20:16
I just got this E-mail from some good friends who live in Texas.
Just thought I would share this with you all....it must be a very worrying time for all those in the path of this latest hurricane

Linda

My friend wrote

We are preparing for winds of maybe 60 to 70 mph and perhaps torrential rains...tornados might be a problem also. Panic buying started yesterday at the grocery stores...we had just returned from visiting our daughters yesterday evening. Julie and children had driven from Florida to be with all of us here. Today our daughters and all the gkids are scheduled to leave to come here for the week-end. Julie's in-laws live in the same town where our house is. We are 8 miles north of Belton. Steve went to the grocery store near midnight last night and much of the goods like bottled water, TP, paper plates, etc. were wiped clean because the media announced that people should stock up on these goods. All major highways out of the coastal towns from Houston to Corpus Christi were jammed with traffic headed to San Antonio, Austin, and everywhere inland! We have MANY friends in Houston and Corpus. In summary, everyone in TX will be affected by this hurricane in one way or the other. Obviously our hearts are saddened for all those who live along the TX Gulf Coast!

Macka
23-09-2005, 12:00
Blimey.

Makes you realise how lucky we are in Britain, we rarely get the weather extremes.

I was talking to an american lady from Michegan yesterday, she's elderly and wouldn't ever go back to live, she prefers our temperate climate.

Good luck Texas.

LiesaAnna
23-09-2005, 12:02
yes thinking of you all!!

Good Luck[lucky]

thornton
23-09-2005, 13:31
All our prayers are with the Texans and especially those people who have had to relocate from New Orleans already.

Jill

wrpac00
23-09-2005, 16:01
Yeah, they have got to feel that someone has really got it in for them.