PDA

View Full Version : The Weather in the Gulf

josephinekelly
21-09-2005, 18:36
Having been chased by car to Texas by hurricanes Charlie, Frances and Ivan last time we visited Florida, I thought this year would be less eventful as I plan to visit my daughter in Dallas, omitting Florida this time.

Well here comes Hurricane Rita, heading for Texas dead on my flight target, though I have been lucky enough to defer it until 1st October. I am beginning to think someone up there thinks holidays are bad for me!!
[msnscared][msnscared]

LiesaAnna
21-09-2005, 20:22
[laugh][laugh][laugh] just the way it is, am sure it will be fine!!

Ray&Sarah
21-09-2005, 20:23
Hope that it all turns out all right for you in the end, mind you could you post all your holidays in advance on the forum so we can all avoid going at the same time as you and then avoid any hurricanes.[msnwink]:D

CarolAnn
21-09-2005, 20:26
Oh Bless[msnoo] and I thought I was an unlucky bod....shhhh...where did josephine say she was going on her next trip after Texas[msnwink]
Fingers and toes crossed Josephine[msnsmile2]

wrpac00
22-09-2005, 03:16
Yeah, where are going next year?

becbecs
22-09-2005, 12:32
Rita is now a Cat 5 Hurricane, listerning to the radio yesterday the NAtionalHurricane Centre said that this is the 3rd major hurricane this year which apparently is not the norm and only happened a couple of times in the last 50 years. Fingers crossed for everyone it may effect.

LiesaAnna
22-09-2005, 13:17
yeh everyone trying to scare me at school now as we go in 6 days!!![msnscared]
am sure it will be fine!!!?

steph_goodrum
22-09-2005, 16:19
We're in Florida at the moment and yesterday saw the first rain since we arrived 10 days ago, it's been in the mid 90's every other day, so it really is pot luck. This time last year we had to spend an extra couple of days in NYC as all flights to Orlando were cancelled.

chrizzy100
22-09-2005, 19:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
Rita is now a Cat 5 Hurricane, listerning to the radio yesterday the NAtionalHurricane Centre said that this is the 3rd major hurricane this year which apparently is not the norm and only happened a couple of times in the last 50 years. Fingers crossed for everyone it may effect.
[/quote]

More that it happens every 40 years or so.....and the weather pattern of large storms last about 20 or more years....we are 10 years into this one already......

Also they are trying out a new way to judge wind speeds this year....giving us more named storms than normal....and putting the Cat they are up earlier....I don't think its working that well myself........and a lot of people writing the weather reports agree....