PDA

View Full Version : What now ?

Kissyme
21-05-2003, 13:55
Well we have booked our flights, accommodation all our park tickets including discovery cove(cant wait)checked out all the relevent sites downloaded maps just waiting for the right time to get our dollars,and my problem is that with everything done it seem a long long way off now before we go:(

caroline
21-05-2003, 14:36
Only count wednesdays!
Sounds daft?
Well all I can say is it works for our 12 year old:D

His least favourite day of the week is wednesday - his school have an extra long day with 2 extra lessons. So when we're on "Florida countdown" I have to work out how many wednesdays there are before we go and Hey Presto, it seems much closer;)

(Well it works for him:D)

Kissyme
21-05-2003, 15:17
great idea Caroline Keith says only 5 more pay days (we get payed monthly)

K4LGB
28-05-2003, 20:17
The alternative is to go down the other track and break down the months into weeks into days into hours into minutes into seconds. It's a matter of making the time feel like it is passing quicker. e.g. you will be saying "5 more pay days" to go for a whole month whereas if you know how many weeks or days it is, the time will actively be passing as you think/talk about it. [:p]

Someone on the site used to have active countdowns on their signature but I ain't seen that for a while but it did seem very exciting know exactly how long it would be before your next trip...:D

Personally I usually set myself a savings target to reach before we go so that I know that the bulk of the expenditure is covered and I can just enjoy the holiday without having to worry about economising on holiday which IMHO spoils the point of going to a place like Florida. I enjoy seeing the time to holiday decrease whilst the saving increase and it all adds to my enjoyment of actually waking up on the morning of departure ready for a great holiday. I also find this helps as I have saved and economised for something that I am GOING to do instead of being less focused at having to pay money back for something that I have ALREADY done![8D]

Hope this makes sense
Cheers
Les

Kissyme
30-05-2003, 19:31
We save our money for Florida in an old savings account I never check the balance until we have recieved the flight tickets this very exciting because so-far we have always had more money than guestimated then we have a whole shopping experiance buying holiday goodies even the boys come with out moaning[:I]