PDA

View Full Version : baby passports

LiesaAnna
20-09-2005, 14:38
cant believe that the passport office have had my grandsons paperwork for his first passport for 6 weeks now and today they have said!!........................... we need new photos!! we have 8 days to go!! mummy and daddy are down in bed with sickness and diarreah bug!
Dont panic!!!!!!
Belfast have said they can use 'special post' and have it in the office by tomorrow! talk about cutting it fine!!
so now i have to try and get photos sorted of a 20month old toddler,
anyone know if you can take photos at home similar to photo booths, plain background etc....... they said he was too far forward in the picture, they have already sent back to the people countersigning for them!! couldnt they have decided they werent good enough then?

so a warning to others!!!!!!! DONT CUT IT FINE LIKE THEY DID!!!!!
[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

20-09-2005, 15:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
cant believe that the passport office have had my grandsons paperwork for his first passport for 6 weeks now and today they have said!!........................... we need new photos!! we have 8 days to go!! mummy and daddy are down in bed with sickness and diarreah bug!
Dont panic!!!!!!
Belfast have said they can use "special post" and have it in the office by tomorrow! talk about cutting it fine!!
so now i have to try and get photos sorted of a 20month old toddler,
anyone know if you can take photos at home similar to photo booths, plain background etc....... they said he was too far forward in the picture, they have already sent back to the people countersigning for them!! couldnt they have decided they werent good enough then?

so a warning to others!!!!!!! DONT CUT IT FINE LIKE THEY DID!!!!!
[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

Yes you can Liesa Just make sure they are the corect size, might be an idea to do a couple of different sets so they can pick the bes?

I took one of my babies to a SupaSnaps and they took the photos while I held the baby.[msnwink]

sundowner
20-09-2005, 16:14
Our local Asda will do it as well, not suggesting you travel to the Midlands, just try your local. Sure it will all work out in the end, and takes your mind off your knee and chocolate.

ujpest doza
20-09-2005, 16:20
We had ours done at Costco when she was about 4 weeks old.

Our local travel centre for bus and metro passes also do passport photos as they obviously do them for bus passes.

LiesaAnna
20-09-2005, 19:36
well i have tried almost everything i can think of!! i took him to a shop in town which specializes in kids/adults passport photos, and he screamed his head off, we even went to a shop next door and bought motorbikes so he showed the photographer but wouldnt sit in the "chair"
have brought him to my home and tried all sorts of pics with him here but he is NOT going to have that pic done for anyone!
when we try he screams and that must be worse then the pic they sent!!! what the heck can we do??????????????????
i feel like crying! she sent this in 6 weeks ago and has made 2 phonecalls to the pasport office, i cant believe this!
doing wonders for my blood pressure[msncry]

S&VEdwards
20-09-2005, 21:19
Hi Liesa

One trick we used on our kids when they were that age and we needed to soothe them was to have one of their favourite cuddley toys talk to them in a soft Irish voice the same thing works with our 6 months old granddaughter (she's teething). It should distract him long enough to take a photo.

Sandra and Victor

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2251.aspx

LiesaAnna
20-09-2005, 21:28
thankyou for your help, i'm sure they'll come up with something but what i dont know, we have 5 working days!!! they can get to London and collect in person so not to worried about that, but he is petrified of having his pic done!!! never used to bother him he was such a poser!!

LiesaAnna
22-09-2005, 02:37
UPDATE********************
after many phone calls the passport office have now said as Bradley's photo/application was sent in before new regulations they will let the "old photos" stand, so after all this nonsense and upset for everyone they will have it back to his mum before tuesday next week, cutting it a bit fine, but there you go! so fingers crossed!!!!
thankyou to all those who replied!!!

22-09-2005, 10:15
Thats a relief Liesa don't they make you cross, and don't get me going on the new photos[msnmad]

LiesaAnna
22-09-2005, 11:28
Well Julie, have you ever heard such nonsense, bet none of those who made the rules have ever tried sitting a baby in a photo booth and not letting the child smile or cry[msneek]
but thank goodness they will allow home taken photos, bet that will be next,? you would be able to get them done in certain shops only!!![msnscared] the fact that my family had all caught the bug going around Brighton (we didnt want any contact till it had cleared) really put them all on a downer so unnessecary!! still for now alls well...............

Jill
22-09-2005, 12:35
Glad you have got things sorted out.

I have one of the last 'grinning' photos. They changed the rules regarding the photos the day after I put my passport in the post and did wonder if I would have a problem. I had used the online application method to complete the form so was laready wondering if everything would be okay. When I received an envelope with my passport in on the Friday after posting it on Tuesday I expected the worst instead it was my old passport with the corner clipped. My new passport arrived on the Tuesday so despite the website saying passports are taking up to 4 weeks I got my new one in a week already for my next trip to Florida in November.

LiesaAnna
22-09-2005, 13:08
yes so did my grandsons daddy!! so we expected Bradleys soon after but still 6 weeks later and our holiday only 6 days away, let this be a warning really to others, dont leave it as late as my daughter did!!! she thought 6 weeks would be plenty, i had my doubts, would rather lose a year on my passport then leave it so close and go through what they have this week!!!

LiesaAnna
24-09-2005, 19:51
passports here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

caroline
24-09-2005, 20:47
Have agreat time Liesa[8D]

eagleydo
24-09-2005, 21:23
Have a great time and don't forget plenty of pics

LiesaAnna
24-09-2005, 23:56
we will and thanks!!

Jill
25-09-2005, 00:37
Glad to hear the passports have arrived in time.

LiesaAnna
25-09-2005, 01:51
thanks Jill xx

ravtino
25-09-2005, 02:44
This on top of everything else - you will certainly be ready for this - ENJOY

LiesaAnna
25-09-2005, 03:34
thanks J xx

steph_goodrum
25-09-2005, 19:13
Liesa
For future reference you can renew your passport any time before it is due and up to nine months existing expiry will be added to your new passport so you could get one that expires in 10 years and nine months.

LiesaAnna
25-09-2005, 21:57
thst what we did for the others, i tried to get my daughter to do it in plenty of time but no one listens to me[msnwink]

lorraine51
26-09-2005, 00:45
Soounds a bit familiar to me. Have a great trip!