PDA

View Full Version : FANTASMIC WAS AWESOME!!!

Amirah
20-05-2003, 05:17
I loved it so much that I went two nights in a row! I encourage everyone to see this one.

Amirah:D

athurstance
20-05-2003, 16:07
I'd agree. We saw it last time we went - sat right at the front so got a nice cooling spray. It really is a super show.

Angela

esprit
20-05-2003, 18:57
I just love it. Errrr, dont sit at the front in the Winter however as in January that nice cool spray becomes a freezing cold shower!

MRKW
11-06-2003, 19:21
Yep we agree show is good, pity about that wait as you have to get there early though.

KingKong
11-06-2003, 22:25
Great show worth admission fee alone:D

Amirah
19-06-2003, 01:20
Waiting for the show to begin is great. It brings this cloud of excitement over you. Truly magical.

mikewj
19-06-2003, 17:24
When we were there last November, waiting for Fantasmic to begin was filled with the amusement of watching the locals huddled up in groups, wearing fleeces and coats, drinking hot chocolate.

We had shorts and t-shirts on, but we did try the hot chocolate.....my teeth still ache at the thought of all that sugar !!!

Kickstart
10-10-2003, 17:43
My 10 year old daughter said to me afterwards that it was the best show she had ever seen.

Thought it was funny when some of the Americans started screaming 'Mickey' when he came on, it's just an actor in a suit!

shepaul
10-10-2003, 17:51
Well worth the wait. Great show. Got talking to some people who moved to Florida a couple of years ago and found out that they have friends who live in the same street as my sister. (small world).:D
Sheila

sunshine state
10-10-2003, 18:23
Its a great show but i got really hot standing amongst all those people and this was at night, we were there in August though.

Amirah
18-11-2003, 04:11
Well, here in America, Mickey is the Mouse! He gets my entire voice when he comes out anywhere! :)

cookmml
06-06-2004, 12:56
Can only agree with everyone else that the fantasmic show is great, even my husband who hates a long wait for anything, said that it was worth getting into the ampitheatre early to see the show.

Nostromo
06-06-2004, 12:59
Yes, it was one of the highlights of our visit. We went twice too and enjoyed every second of the show.

Katy2605
06-06-2004, 20:32
We loved fantasmic to. What was more funny was how they got everyone in the audience to do different types of mexican waves (standing up and turning round etc). It was really good as the ampitheatre was full. Fantasmic was a great show! Can't wait to see it again in the summer

Ian Dee
06-06-2004, 23:54
Yes great show.
What happened to the warm up acts they used to have. have not seen them for a couple of years[8D]

hadrian
16-08-2004, 20:50
Agree with all the previous comments, an awesome show. We had mexican waves from 8pm last week. There were no warm up acts. I'd recommend the dinner package. We had an "all you could eat" meal at Hollywood & Vine then the VIP guests had their own entrance and central seating area for the show, and all it costs is the price of the meal.

Wazz
16-08-2004, 23:18
hadrien this interests me greatly.going sept 12 for 3 weeks and a dinner and vip seating sounds good.where do you buy the tickets for this?

hadrian
17-08-2004, 00:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Wazz
hadrien this interests me greatly.going sept 12 for 3 weeks and a dinner and vip seating sounds good.where do you buy the tickets for this?
[/quote]

Hi Linda,

Just phone guest services (407 939 3463) remembering to add the USA code when dialling from UK and ask to book a Fantasmic dinner package. When I last looked at the Disney web site there were 3 restaurants that you could book tickets for. We chose Hollywood & Vine because it was the cheapest. We booked priority seating for 5.50pm and were finished by 7.30. The food was excellent. The price covers unlimited soft drinks, alcohol is extra.

Your waitress will give you a card that you use just like a Fastpass and you have your own entrance to Fantasmic which is nearer the park entrance. It is still best to get into the VIP area early as it fills up fast.

They also take credit card details from you.

Good luck and enjoy the show.

Hadrian

cjboatman
24-08-2004, 12:37
We loved Fantasmic so much we had to have the whole show on the computer. Now we can watch whenever we want.

Loved the warm ups. On certain nights it also really helped to warm up. Great exercise too, if you have been sitting for over an hour to ensure you have a good seat. It doesn't take long for the theatre to fill up. If you dont want to sit around for ages, the dinner/show reservation is a great idea.

amy
25-08-2004, 16:50
Must agree with everyone the show is fantasmic! Even our 2 year old sat through it mesmerised, however the hour wait was trying as she was not impressed, the warm up act were definatley missed.[msnsmile]

lynn and ray
02-09-2004, 21:01
We have to agree Fantasmic was one of the best shows we have ever seen. Worth every minute that you have to wait and worth every penny. Would recommend it to everyone.

CarolAnn
09-09-2004, 22:17
We don't mind the waut before the show starts at all:D:)They kept us all well entertained, with people working the crowd, chatting to friendly holiday makers, selling the kids light thingys,the crowd working up the mexican wave, the warm evening, the great day in the park, heck these days you can even have a nice cool beer in the evening sun..........[msntongue]And THEN it begins!!!!!!

Semper
20-12-2004, 03:15
Fantasmic was by far the best show we saw over there. I filmed most of it, it still makes my spine tingle when I watch it back.

What made it all the more special was that for one reason or another we got there a bit late and couldn't get seated. We decided to leave it for another night. One of the kids burst into tears because she thought we weren't going to see it. With that two cast memebers came running over, asked what was wrong. When we told them why she was crying they took us to four rows from the front, asked a couple of people to make a little room for us. The people there were American and they more than pleased to move up for us. Made us feel really welcome. You just know you would never get that treatment over here.

brizzle
20-12-2004, 20:48
We caught it for the first time this trip and I must say it was really spectacular. We got there late, on a quiet day, expecting a few seats left...Wrong!!
The stadium was packed and we stood at the back to watch it.
Next time we will go earlier to get seats, definitely.

I would still put this behind Reflections and Wishes but when the competition is soooo good that's not a bad third in the list.

Brizzle

Nostromo
20-12-2004, 21:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
We got there late, on a quiet day, expecting a few seats left...Wrong!!
The stadium was packed and we stood at the back to watch it.
Next time we will go earlier to get seats, definitely.

Brizzle
[/quote]

The crowds actually inside MGM do not reflect the seat occupancy for Fantasmic. This is because other people with Disney Hopper passes often turn up in the evening to see the show, thus adding to the 'indigenous' crowd.

Like you, my brother-inlaw put 'Wishes' marginally ahead of Fantasmic, although personally I would give the MGM show the top spot.