PDA

View Full Version : southwest florida

poolman
18-09-2005, 17:05
Hi all , just got back from orlando after 3 weeks of pure heaven and already looking to book up for 2006. Having done all the parks we thought next time we would like to hit the coast ie southwest florida have any of you stayed at englewood near port charlotte if so is there anything to do apart from the beaches for children.

Many Thanks Poolman

heathercobbett
18-09-2005, 18:39
We stayed on Rotunda and found it very friendly and liked the canalside setting.We visited a different beach or Island each day.

Quite a choice of houses to rent on this develpment;try an OV search and nobody better than the owner to gen you up on places to go and things to see

Always best to have the next onr to look forward to and plan,Poolman

andrewmckay5
18-09-2005, 20:08
Poolman,
there's quite a few links in this section on things to do; much more than just the beaches although these are fantastic, pleanty of shops and restaurants plus several places to visit foe the day. If you get withdrawl symptoms for a theme park then Busch Gardens is only 90 minutes drive from Rotonda.
Theres some links on this thread to get you started:
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_23540.asp

If you can give some idea of your interest them I am sure both owners and previous visitors on here will be glad to help you out.

andrew

Ruth
18-09-2005, 20:15
I have stayed at Port Charlotte, Cape Haze and Rotonda (Englewood) and now we always spend part of every holiday at the Gulf. There is loads to do apart from the beaches, I could easily spend a month there and not get bored:)You will have a great time.