PDA

View Full Version : Pete Docherty in New York

traceya89
17-09-2005, 23:37
Dont know if this is the correct forum. Have seen in the newspaper today that Pete Docherty (****ie) Kate Moss's boyfriend has been in New York with her. In view of his drug history and his previous arrests earlier in the year I am surprised he was allowed in New York and in view of the revelations about Kate Moss today it will be interesting to see if she is refused entry in the future.

mollymoo
29-09-2005, 01:28
Blimey am surprised no one has replied to this one![msntongue]

Obviously he got a visa to go into the USA[msnsmile2]

But then again it sounds very much a case of one rule for one, and another for someone else!!! [msncry]

Kerry
x

traceya89
29-09-2005, 01:31
I THOUGHT THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN LOTS OF REPLIES TO THIS ONE BUT JUST LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO READ IT AND NO COMMENT! GIVEN HIS LIFESTYLE AND OBVIOUS DRUG ABUSE I AM REALLY SURPRISED HE WAS ALLOWED IN. WONDER IF KATE MOSS GETS BACK INTO THE USE????

eagleydo
29-09-2005, 01:34
Money and fame talk,,this proves it,does it not?

steph_goodrum
29-09-2005, 02:08
Since when did ordinary rules apply to "celebraties" who do not much for a living, it's certainly changed from the days when the Beatles couldnt get into the States because of minor possession charges in the sixties, bet Paul McCartney has no trouble now.

Badger
29-09-2005, 12:40
Shame they send them back really!!

sundowner
29-09-2005, 14:23
Has she actually been charged?? I am probably a bit behind the times here.

It's a bit spooky really, I was clearing out a cupboard yesterday and found a booklet of poems written by Pete's mum from about 6 years ago (I used to be a neighbour), and on the back is a very cute picture of Pete in his cub scout uniform - shorts and long socks - how people change eh!

pieman790
29-09-2005, 16:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
Has she actually been charged?? I am probably a bit behind the times here.

It's a bit spooky really, I was clearing out a cupboard yesterday and found a booklet of poems written by Pete's mum from about 6 years ago (I used to be a neighbour), and on the back is a very cute picture of Pete in his cub scout uniform - shorts and long socks - how people change eh!
[/quote]

Dont think she was ever arrested over this incident. It was reported on the news this morning that she had checked into a clinic in the US for some rehab.

Robert5988
29-09-2005, 22:38
It is not necessary to have had a conviction to be refused entry to the USA - even if you have a Visa.

If the USA considers your presence undesirable they can simply bar entry.

You may recall Cat Stevens(now a Moslem) was barred on the grounds that he gave financial support to organisations that 'supported' terrorism; his plane was diverted and he was taken off the plane.

If you attempt to enter under the Visa Waiver scheme you have no grounds for appeal. If you have a Visa you can appeal - but you could be put in prison until the appeal is heard.

GRS Graeme
22-10-2005, 19:42
[msneek]
Pete Who
Lets just forget about him eh!