PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Rays - Baseball

RubAyr
20-05-2003, 01:21
Hi, just wondering if anyone has been to see the Rays and if so whats your views. Never been to a baseball game before so don't really know what to expect !! :)
Thanks....

florida4sun
20-05-2003, 05:49
Never been but a few guests have been and had a good time. Pick a night when they are doing fireworks. WWS is animpressive set up too. If you order tickets through OV then you can get free tickets for the rays (say say martin said so),

Biggus
20-05-2003, 16:49
RubAyr,
Went to see the Rays play the Yankees on the 4th April 2003, booked the tickets online through the Devil Rays website (booked through Ticketmaster)which was very easy. I am a Yankees fan and this was my first game (trying to persuade my wife to go to NY - catch a game at Yankee stadium!!) They give you a booking reference in a confirmation email. You then go to Tropicana Field on the day of the game (we went in the afternoon whilst looking around St Petes.) and go to the 'Will Call' window with your confirmation email printout, here they issue the tickets and sort out any car parking that you need. The stadium was very impressive as it is covered - like the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff was for the FA Cup final. This adds to the atmosphere, which despite the stadium being far from full was still electric. The food was the usual sporting event burger/hotdog etc but I can recommend the nachos with the hot cheese dip - yummy, the food is reasonably priced (unlike the footie here were you need to remortgage your house to sort out scoff for a group of you!!) All in all we were very much impressed - I was the only baseball fan in our party of 5 - but the other guys picked up on the 'blokes game of rounders' very quickly and really enjoyed the whole 'American' experience - different from the norm parks/shopping experience. Thoroughly loved every minute of it - actually gutted with the last 'out' of the game meant the end of the game. We were sat in section 205 right by the 'organist' which added to the excitement at crucial moments of the game!! Oh yeah and by the way the Yankees won 12-2. Happy days!! :D:D:D