PDA

View Full Version : Recipes

sundowner
17-09-2005, 19:44
Anyone got any good American recipes (key lime pie etc) they want to share!!

17-09-2005, 20:06
My 16 y/o makes fab cheesey nachos, bag of Doritos, bag of grated cheddar and some salsa, lay the nachos on an oven proof dish throw on some salsa and cover with cheese and pop in oven for a few mins - yummy[msnwink]

sundowner
17-09-2005, 20:43
double yummy ! specially with a nice cold [beer]

becbecs
17-09-2005, 20:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
Anyone got any good American recipes (key lime pie etc) they want to share!!
[/quote]

Yep if anyone would like to post the recipe for Key Lime Pie on here it would be very much appreciated. I need my fix you see.

Ray&Sarah
17-09-2005, 21:46
We bought my mum a book full of Key Lime Pie recipes back from Florida last year, her eldest grandson just cannot get enough of the stuff. She is working her way through the book slowly trying each one to see which is the best.[msnsmile2]

Snapper
17-09-2005, 21:53
I could do you a chocolate milkshake. It's a personal favourite.

Lots of milk
A chopped up banana
A good squirt of chocolate syrup
A couple of scoops of vanila ice-cream

Whizz it all up in a blender for about 30 seconds.

The vanilla ice-cream from Publix that has the real vanilla flecks in it works great.

For a bit of a twist throw in one or two teaspoons of instant coffee. Mmmmmmm. It's an ideal drink for 11'ses by the pool.

Or make a healthy (??? -ish) version with fruit instead of chocolate. Get one or two of the packets of fresh raspberries or strawberries from Publix and use raspberry syrup instead of chocolate syrup. Personally I prefer raspberries to strawberries as you don't get the strawberry seeds left over.

Haven't tried it with blueberries yet but it's only a matter of time.

andrewmckay5
17-09-2005, 22:16
Couple of shots of Brandy should just finish it off Steve[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper

Lots of milk
A chopped up banana

[/quote]On a more serious note we bought the"Redbone Recipes" book when we were in the keys; based around recipes from a fishing tournament with all the proceeds going to the Cystic Fibrosis charity.Well worth buying if you see it.
6 Key Lime desserts plus over 500 pages of other recipes.

andrew

becbecs
18-09-2005, 00:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper

Lots of milk
A chopped up banana

The vanilla ice-cream from Publix that has the real vanilla flecks in it works great.

For a bit of a twist throw in one or two teaspoons of instant coffee. Mmmmmmm. It's an ideal drink for 11'ses by the pool.

Or make a healthy (??? -ish) version with fruit instead of chocolate. Get one or two of the packets of fresh raspberries or strawberries from Publix and use raspberry syrup instead of chocolate syrup. Personally I prefer raspberries to strawberries as you don't get the strawberry seeds left over.

Haven't tried it with blueberries yet but it's only a matter of time.
[/quote]

Sounds Great Snapper

Just off to try it.

Snapper
18-09-2005, 03:15
How about a vodka melon.

Grab one water melon, a full one, a small metal funnel and a bottle of vodka. Cut a small nick out of the melon, about the size of a penny, then stick the funnel in. Every few hours or every time you are passing top up the funnel with the vodka. It will slowly soak its way through the melon.

You'll generally get somewhere between half to 3/4 bottle of vodka to soak into a full melon over about 3 or 4 days. Mmmmmmm.

For anyone flying out to a villa from the UK, grab the bottle of vodka in duty free on the way out and then pick-up the Melon from Publix or WalMart. Get it started as soon as you arrive. You'll likely hit the theme parks every day for the first 2 or 3 days as you'll be up really early because of the time difference. When you get back in around day 3 or 4 you might feel a bit tired as all the fun starts catching up with you. At this point the vodka melon should be well and truly ready. Chop it up into wedges, eat it out by the pool and I guarantee that your energy will come flooding back. Depending on how much vodka you get in there, and on how many melons you start with it might be best to have a day relaxing by the pool the next day.

sundowner
18-09-2005, 23:11
shounndsss vundefluff !!!