PDA

View Full Version : 1 May - 15 May....my trip report !

smblair
19-05-2003, 16:23
WOW !!! What a place.

That was my 6th trip to Florida (last one was March 2000 on honeymoon). It was somewhat different this time as we took along our 23 month old daughter !

Flights :

Despite my fears, overall our daughter was absolutely great on both flights (although she did have her moments!). We flew My Travel from Glasgow straight into Sanford and I can't praise the airline staff enough. We didn't pay for a seat for our daughter and so she sat on my lap going out, however on the return flight, there were spare seats and so they offered us three seats together and she got a meal as well ! Flights were great and on time.

Villa :

Wonderful. We stayed at Hampton Lakes in a 4 bed villa (we went with another couple and their 3 year old son). First time in a villa and won't do it any other way in the future ! Excellent value for money and home from home comforts! I want that house !

General :

Only managed 3 parks (Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios and Sea World), mainly due to the heat. The kids were wiped out walking round the parks and just wanted to sit in their buggies after half an hour or so ! MGM was most enjoyable as we got some respite from the heat in the various shows. Kids were looking forward to the PlayHouse Disney show but we soon realised that you needed to queue for at least an hour before a showing to have any chance of getting in. We got into the last show and it was worth the wait just to see the kids faces ! The Little Mermaid show was also a success with the kids, as was the muppets show. We loved the Aerosmith rollercoaster and the tower of terror, first time I'd been on those.

The Magic Kingdom was fab as well. I just love the atmosphere and always find it hard to leave ! Depsite being only 2, our daughter was dancing and clapping at the parades but as expected, she ran a mile when we tried to introduce her to Mickey at his house and did the same with Pluto and Tigger !

Sea World was great but we went on the Sunday after arriving and it was close to 100 degrees that day so we found it a bit of an effort to do anything ! Shamu was a big hit with the kids though.

The food and the shopping was fab as usual, there's just so much more of everything and bigger and better. The men took in a few rounds of golf and lost a few clubs into a lake....but that's another story !

Wish we'd been there a bit longer so we could have taken in more of the parks but we'll be back ! We actually found ourselves checking out the house prices and dreaming about buying out there - it just seemed to make perfect sense ! Wouldn't know where to start though.

Until next time............

steph_goodrum
19-05-2003, 16:32
Hi Shona
It's great to hear from you again and I'm so glad after your previous worries that everything went according to plan (almost) and you all had a great time. Don't forget if you bought hopper passes for the disney parks, any days you haven't used will not expire, so you can use them on your next trip. It sounds like you've been bitten by the bug, the same as the rest of us, and will enjoy many more holidays in the Sunshine State in years to come.

madmumof2
13-05-2008, 02:45
God I know this is such an old thread lol but I had to ask. Is that right about the hopper pass? I had one in 2000 and it still has 2 days left. Obviously I look different now to the picture but could I still use that? I did think it was weird it didn't have an expiry date. I also have 2 from 1995 with a few days left! I kept it as a keepsake. Doubt that will work now though?

florida4sun
13-05-2008, 03:16
It should work just fine:)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by madmumof2
God I know this is such an old thread lol but I had to ask. Is that right about the hopper pass? I had one in 2000 and it still has 2 days left. Obviously I look different now to the picture but could I still use that? I did think it was weird it didn't have an expiry date. I also have 2 from 1995 with a few days left! I kept it as a keepsake. Doubt that will work now though?
[/quote]

KarenScott
13-05-2008, 10:35
When we were over recently we had some tickets and we were unsure what was left on them, as we wanted to check before we got to a park we went to Downtown Disney guest services were they were swiped and we were told exactly what we had left.[clap]

Thats Disneys promise on those no expiration tickets - so should work for you.

How come your pictures on it? Was that how they used to operate those tickets? Now its the finger print?

ShirleyD
13-05-2008, 18:46
Karen we have got some somewhere with photos on. It was so long ago that my middle son (now aged 17) didn't have to pay and they just took the photo anyway to be the same as us!! They are in a safe place somewhere and I'm sure will turn up one day :D

steph_goodrum
13-05-2008, 19:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by madmumof2
[/quote]

It depends on the conditions when you bought, almost certainly the 1995 ones were non expirt as I dont think they offered 2 options then and I think even the 2000 ones. However Disney are pretty good and if you go to Guest servieces if they did have an expiry date on them, as long as they can read the tickets ok then you can often pay to ugrade them to non expiry ones. It would obviously help if you have the original purchase info. (in case they think that you have bought some from a ticket tout)
You have nothing to lose by asking.