PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Why do we go to Florida

Macka
16-09-2005, 12:46
I know it's a mixture of lots of things, but I'd be interested to see what flots our boats as it were.

Whats top of of your list of reasons that you go to Florida?

Mail me if I've missed something, There's a slot left, I'll add it if folk want to vote.

Paul.

LiesaAnna
16-09-2005, 14:31
i have said villas/accomodation,
when having bad spell with health its the best place i think to recover!!

lets face it, where else would you rather be??????????????????????????????????????????[?][msntongue]:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[msnwink]

owen3
16-09-2005, 15:12
I would have to say all of them, hard to choose. Barbara

Newhomebuyer
16-09-2005, 15:14
I love evrything about Florida. I am a Disney addict but if the weather was lousy it wouldn't be the same I love that tropical weather, waking to a blue sky day after day after day. I even love the afternoon storms because tomorrow will be blue again. So I just had to vote weather.

luckylady
16-09-2005, 15:15
We go for more than one reason
The Weather
The shopping
The Villa''s/Acommodation

blott
16-09-2005, 15:49
Where's the 'all the above' slot then?

Macka
16-09-2005, 16:01
Ahaaaaa!

You've all fallen into my cunning and dastardly trap.

That's the whole point you see, I know we all go for a combination of the above, I just wanted to see if everyones priorities were the same! And they are not, some clearly may not go if the service was really poor, I'm one of those, others might not go if the weather wasn't so good, but some people go to Eurodisney and the weather is Garbage. Some may still go if the theme parks were not there, some may still go if teh food wasn't so good. Horses for courses again.

LiesaAnna
16-09-2005, 17:47
we wouldnt care if it piddled down all day everyday, or if the pool was broke(?)ummmm[msneek]
if walmart had closed down, ummmm, shopping , ummm, themem parks, nope i dont mind just sitting unwinding reading books, being with my family in the best place is good enough for me, the rest is well............................ just as good i spose!![msnwink]

kimwo
16-09-2005, 17:49
1st The Weather
2nd The Villa''s/Acommodation
3rd The Themeparks. (and other things to do)
4th The shopping
5th The food (in all it''s forms)
6th The service (customer service)
7th The people
I've put in order why i love going to Florida.
I just love it
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

blott
16-09-2005, 18:09
OK then, I'd go just for the villas personally (like Liesa :)). If all the rest of the list were missing, there's still plenty to do and see in Florida and you can't beat relaxing on the pool deck. [8D]

eagleydo
16-09-2005, 19:42
Easy answer, ADDICTION!!!

Curly Wurly
16-09-2005, 19:49
Can i have a box that says 'everthing'!!!

I havent voted because I think everything about Florida makes you want to go back!!

becbecs
16-09-2005, 20:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
Easy answer, ADDICTION!!!
[/quote]

I think you have just summed it up Jan. I would have to tick all of them but our Villa would be in the top 2.

chris c
16-09-2005, 21:00
I voted villa/accommodation, but could have ticked all the boxes - except theme parks.

The best part of my Florida holidays is walking through the front door of our villa. The worst part is walking out to go home!

For my husband there should have been a box for "golf", that is his main reason for loving it so much.

Ray&Sarah
16-09-2005, 22:06
I voted for the villa option but really wanted an "All and more " option.[msnsmile2]

Paula D-S
17-09-2005, 10:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
I voted for the villa option but really wanted an "All and more " option.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Same here, the thing with Florida is it cater's for everyone and everyone's tastes. Wish I could go more than once a year......maybe when the children have grown up.

Paula

Cruella DeVilla
17-09-2005, 11:57
Why do we go to Florida? Easy one this........to chill in the villa[}:)]

17-09-2005, 13:33
We go because it has the x factor!!!![msnwink]

Daglish
17-09-2005, 16:23
I voted for the villas but really wanted a button that said 'all of the above!'. Basically you just can't beat Florida as a holdiay destination as far as I'm concerend.

TINAPETERS
21-09-2005, 16:56
For us we love the theme parks everthing else is the icing on the cake. Also everyting is bigger and better including the fridge.

Jo
21-09-2005, 18:41
We go as it is an ideal holiday for all members of the family. No compromises - everyone gets to do what they want , rather than dragging the children somewhere the parents want to go , or fogoing things yourself so the children have a good time.

We all love Florida and it's excellent value. The villas make it a holiday not an indurance test. The food is fab - not all burgers and chips as some might think.

So much to do , so little time!!

chrizzy100
21-09-2005, 19:03
We go to FL to work on the house and get it ready for moving....apart from that its too see friends........

Lyn
29-09-2005, 22:17
I go for all of the reasons given, I could manage now without the parks but only if I had to. I could manage in a hotel, but again only if I had to. Don't like it too hot so the weather isn't that important. Couldn't manage without the shopping, but I don't go all the way to Florida just for the shopping. I really can't put my finger on exactly what makes it so special but it is.

CarolAnn
30-09-2005, 12:06
I really do think Florida has it all[8D] For any time of year too:)

Ana
30-09-2005, 14:08
Our Villa has to be the no.1 reason, but I think it's fair to say we wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for everything else on the list [msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
30-09-2005, 14:21
I voted for the villa option, I wouldn't go nearly as much if we didn't have the villa, but the reason we bought it is because of a combination of all the other things[msnwink]

domster
30-09-2005, 20:33
I put the weather, but now we have the pad it has to be this.

resorthomerentals
30-09-2005, 22:21
I put the weather, but that is followed closely by the villa now that we have one, then the theme parks. Being from the US, the food is just about the same as at home. Nothing beats a wonderfully warm visit to Florida during the middle of a cold Michigan winter!

That got me thinking - I wonder if the results would be different for people in different countries.

1 month 15 days and counting down 'till our next trip. We'll be able to leave the heavy coats behind!

Macka
30-09-2005, 22:46
I think they probably would Denise,

How do you feel about us lot drooling over your country?

orlandodaze
03-10-2005, 16:09
Where else could you go where there is something for two old middleaged foggies , young people in their twenties , teenagers and a nine year old going on 100. we all love the combination and when the chicks are happy old Mother hen is happy, Oh yes and its still good value for money, well everywhere is coming from Euroland .

travelfreak
16-11-2005, 00:14
i love the weather it is bliss comperd to the uk :D[chatter][laugh][catinhat][catinhat][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][drinkpepsi][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][gun][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[8][8][8][8][8][8][8]

neild292
25-11-2005, 17:07
I just think florida has everything - sun, theme parks, beeches; you can just go and on

sheenallan
01-12-2005, 02:39
Because we love it,everything about Florida is just great even working on your home in temps of 80degrees plus its just GREAT.
Sheena.