PDA

View Full Version : Florida for 2

jovi
13-09-2005, 23:32
Hi, we went to a wedding sat, it was my brother in laws, they came round last night, as they had been to travel agents to see what was going, they both have 3 weeks off work and were just going to see what was available, anyway, get this they are off to Florida Thursday, flights, hotel, car hire and disney tickets plus universal all for the grand price of £1500[:O] Couldn't believe it, we look at flights and your talking nearly half that!! Each! I am so envious, they have never been before, so came round to ask a few questions, of course I gave them the address of this site, not sure if they will post anything prob just look, just thought I'd share this with you all.[msncry] I do hope they have a great time really[msnmad][msnwink]

Southsider
14-09-2005, 00:11
That is a really good all inclusive deal they got. My Travel had flights + Car for £199 last week !!!!

jovi
14-09-2005, 00:28
Think they said this was with first choice[?] Forgot, was too envious to listen past the word Florida[msnscared]

Ray&Sarah
14-09-2005, 01:35
Sounds like a good deal Vicky, we never seem to be able to find these great deals when we are looking, must try harder.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

jovi
14-09-2005, 01:38
Think it must be that you need to be able to go at the drop of a hat and have no children, sounds like a great hol to me:D[clap]

Ray&Sarah
14-09-2005, 02:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jovi
Think it must be that you need to be able to go at the drop of a hat and have no children, sounds like a great hol to me:D[clap]
[/quote]

Well I suppose our boys are getting older all the time, so those days aren't that far in the distance, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.[msnwink]:D

phaedra
14-09-2005, 03:37
First Choice flights in September (for 2 adults) are £542 for 3 weeks or £402.80 for 2 weeks!, this should be on the new aircraft with 33" seat pitch and seat back IFE as standard. The trick is NOT to look on their "Flights" link, use the late deals holiday link, choose the fly/drive package and remove the car, much cheaper to rent it from here :D

jovi
14-09-2005, 11:48
As it is their honeymoon, do you think they should mention this to anyone at guest relations, I have seen posts on here about special occasions mentioned i,e birthdays and stuff any ideas?[msnsmile] I can let them know then.

sundowner
14-09-2005, 12:40
That is a great deal, similar to one I told hubby about on Sat. Trouble is he says he will not stay in a hotel in Orlando again - spoilt by villas, plus last time we had a few days in a hotel on I Drive and it was awful with lots of rowdy holdiday makers who did not keep their rude kids under control. It put us off big time.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-09-2005, 14:35
I would definitely mention it to them. I'm not sure what they do for honeymooners but you can be sure they will make a real fuss of you and make your day even more magical [msnsmile].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jovi
As it is their honeymoon, do you think they should mention this to anyone at guest relations, I have seen posts on here about special occasions mentioned i,e birthdays and stuff any ideas?[msnsmile] I can let them know then.
[/quote]

jovi
14-09-2005, 15:08
Thanks guys, I did mention villa to them, but with such a great deal they said it was too good to pass on, they probably won't spend much time at the hotel anyway, they have so much stuff they want to do,as it is just the two of them, they did mention they wanted to go to Tampa, they are into the American football and I think theres a game on while they are over there. I think they will need a hol to recover when they get back:D[msnscared]

ppp65
14-09-2005, 23:07
"The trick is NOT to look on their "Flights" link, use the late deals holiday link, choose the fly/drive package and remove the car, much cheaper to rent it from here"

Has anyone actually done this? It is obviously a loophole but are you sure they don't penalise you for not picking up the car?

CarolAnn
15-09-2005, 16:57
Hope everything is perfect for them:) Certainly a good deal.

phaedra
15-09-2005, 17:00
"Has anyone actually done this?" Yes, I've booked four holidays for friends this way, no problem at all, it's a valid option on the car hire options page, you actually choose no insurance. Only one couple were asked why they didn't want the car and they simply said neither of them wanted to drive in the USA :)

ppp65
15-09-2005, 17:53
Thanks for the reply and advice. It is a VERY good price doing it this way! :)

jovi
15-09-2005, 22:25
:(I've been thinking about them all day:( Their plane was due to leave at 10.30 this morning, so they are not there yet[:O] I hope he sends me an email when he gets there:D When he does I'll let ya know.[msnsmile]

jovi
18-09-2005, 14:15
Received a text from them last night, 9 our time so 4 their time, they were just coming out of Universal, rubbed it in a bit about how hot it was over there[}:)][msncry] jammy things, they were going back in the evening to city walk, anyway will keep you all posted.

jovi
20-09-2005, 22:02
received a short email, they went to see Mickey yesterday, universal again today and Cape canaveral tomorrow, they are having a great time and weather good too, wish I was there[msncry]

Wazz
22-09-2005, 20:10
have just booked a late deal with first choice fly drive leaving monday and no insurance for car,as we have hired one through here, for under £400 for 2.with car hire comes to under £600 all in.some good deals out there if you can leave late enough.

shenon
22-09-2005, 22:08
there are lot's of great deals out there at the moment especially if you can travel at short notice:D:D

jovi
26-09-2005, 12:30
had atext from them last night at about 10 our time, they were at Daytona, we asked if they had hired a harley or done fantasmic yet (this was one thing I said was a must) They have done fantasmic and loved it[msnsmile2] but not hired an harley as yet, having a great time and weather great[msnmad][msnwink]

domster
01-10-2005, 12:57
Sounds like they are having a great time. Makes me jelous!!!

jovi
07-11-2005, 17:05
Hi, sorry it has taken so long, just a quick update as to how they got on, They are addicted to Florida and they say they want to book for next year[clap] They said it was the best hol they have ever had and thouroughly enjoyed it, they went to guest relations and told them it was their honeymoon, they received a badge to wear around the park, this got them front access to most of the rides![msnsmile2] Plus when the went to watch Beauty and the beast they informed a member of staff and they were then guided to the VIP area and their names were said out and they were seronaded[msnembarrased] very emarrassed they were to! Plus upgraded on car. So all in all a good time was had, I never expected anything less for them. So I have another Disney addict in the family[clap][msnsmile2] Woopeeeee.