PDA

View Full Version : May 16-we've had a brilliant day

orlandobabe
17-05-2003, 08:50
Just wanted to share it. It's absolutely boiling here at the moment. So after a nice swim in our own pool, we drove to MT Dora and had lunch at The Garden Gate and a mooch around the curios shops.

Then Back to the villa to get changed before heading off to the Soulfire theatre at Lake Buena Vista for Tony and Tina's wedding dinner show. I thoroughly enjoyed this-it was a riot. It finished about 9-15pm so then the night was too young to go back to the villa-so we had a round of golf at the Fantasia Mini Golf-which was great fun-and now just back in time for bed-and it is still sweltering hot!

jen
17-05-2003, 10:30
Great....

I hope it stays that way as we arrive next week!

Jen

bellaepovera
17-05-2003, 12:28
I have 21 more days!! Cant wait. Hope the weather is still hot when i get there as last June and July it rained 3 weeks straight and exactly had to wear pants!! Decided to return to ITaly also earlier on in August to spend a little summer here and wham!! Rained here also so I am hoping this year things will be different.[8D]

esprit
17-05-2003, 17:49
Did you ever tell us about what Sherlocks is like and I missed it??
Whats the food like at Soulfire?

Daniel Ramsey
17-05-2003, 18:47
I would like to make a request from anyone who has rented a villa, please go into detail about your trip! Some people like me I suspect have nothing but pure anticipation waiting for our vacation and even though its not until next jan. when I arrive in Orlando everyday I wish to hear what other people have experianced.

orlandobabe
18-05-2003, 06:24
Sherlocks

we made the journey yesterday-and I'm afraid we didn't go in-we felt it was wayyyyyy tooo expensive.

Sorry folks-but $4-50 for a coffee and $15 for scone and tea-I thought was taking your eyes out.

That must have been why the place was almost empty and Barney's next door was full!

Soulfire Theatre-food I'm afraid was very very mediocre and drinks were expensive at $3 for a small glass of beer. If they were more liberal with the booze they would stoke up a bit more atmosphere and the meal was set. Salad, pasta and a piece of chicken, followed by a piece of gooey chocolate cake. Most of which I left and came home hungry-but the show was a good laugh!

orlandobabe
18-05-2003, 06:25
Regarding the heat-it's unbelievably hot here-but we have had 2 thunderstorms so far:(

Had to drive back from Tampa in one today:(:(:(

Hope it's cleared the air for tomorrow

esprit
18-05-2003, 16:22
Unbelievably hot sounds good to me at the moment. Sounds to me like Sherlocks is doomed. What a rip off!

Daniel Ramsey
19-05-2003, 01:20
Please do not say....heat! Its been an average of 45-55 for the last couple of weeks here, forecast is for hotter days up to mid 60's, a scorcher by Alaska standards!
Only time I would ever consider being in Fla. is in the winter.
3 dollars for a beer is cheap, average here is $3.50.

orlandobabe
19-05-2003, 07:33
Daniel-it was a very small glass! Well it may have been a half pint-not sure-not a beer drinker.

Tomorrow we are going to Winter Park-where -thank god-you can get a decent bit of cake!