PDA

View Full Version : Florida January 2006

tully
09-09-2005, 20:49
Hi everyone,
I am off to Florida Jan 06! 2 weeks! Cant wait. First time.
Anyone been in early January before?
Whats the weather like?
Bringing 2 teenagers & 5 year old ( and the hubbie of course.)
Any suggestions on what theme tickets to buy to suit everyone?
Not hiring a car but staying on Intl. Drive.
Should I buy them before I go from the tour operator? or wait till I get there?

E. Cosgrove
09-09-2005, 22:09
Hi Tully
Welcome to the forum, you have found the very best place for all the Florida info you need.
We visited In jan this year and the weather was glorious. high 70's low 80's and not a drop of the wet stuff. One or 2 evenings were cooler and I wore a sweater but only wore jeans because I had taken them, didn't really need them.
I would definitely buy tickets before you go, saves you precious time standing in line at the ticket booths.
Check out the link above, they offer excellent value for money and the service is second to none. You can buy a couple of tickets each month if you like and spread the cost.
Have fun planning your trip:D

cherylzw
09-09-2005, 22:45
Tully,

Very nice during the day 70's and 80's, but does get a bit chilly at night when the sun goes down. If you go out earlier in the day be sure to bring a heavier sweater or sweat shirt with you, if you are not returning to your villa before it gets dark, because you may need it later.

Ray&Sarah
10-09-2005, 01:34
Hi Tully and welcome to the forums, January is a great time to go to Florida, warm but not hot and fairly quiet in the parks, you will have a great time. As Liz says one of the best places to buy park tickets is from the link above.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
10-09-2005, 14:14
Hi Tully!! The fabulous parks in Florida do mean there is something for the whole family! we are real Disney fans, so though we have been a number of times, we still go back!! Universal and Islands of adventure we love, but have always thought it has more "BIG" rides, which as a family we don't do so much, therefore we give it less attention(our personal choice), and Seaworld is just for everyone, more relaxed pace there overall, we will be going there this October as we have missed it for a couple of trips!! Personally, I would get the tickets before you, definately, and you won't find anywhere better than the service and prices you will get using the links above!!
Not been quite so early in January as you are going, but the weather is always so good in Florida, it would be difficult to pick a bad one! I am sure the parks will be a dream!!
Have fun!!

tully
12-09-2005, 16:20
Thanks everyone!
Glad to hear not too hot in January! Had a look at the link for the tickets & is great! I will buy them before I go- ie. when I get my act together & start saving a few bob.
I believe shopping is to die for too- with sales at 70% off!!!

Deb
12-09-2005, 17:31
You can get even more off @ Orlando Premium Outlets if you join the VIP Club!

[website link edited]

Also check out the Shopping section on here or use the Search button at the top of the page. [msnsmile]