PDA

View Full Version : drive-in cinema

tinker
18-02-2002, 02:54
Call me an old romantic, but I have always wanted to watch a movie at a drive-in. Is there one in the Orlando area?

markemma
18-02-2002, 13:43
I have wanted to go to a drive in movie theatre for years and unfortunatley I havn't found one yet either.

Emma

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-02-2002, 13:49
We went to one to watch Grease when it first came out. I'm not sure where it was but have a feeling it was somewhere near Cocoa Beach.

John

smatterchu
21-02-2002, 20:11
I read in the Orlando Sentinel (Feb 6, I think) that there is a drive-in theatre in Lakeland, FL. The other one that is sort of close is in Ocala, FL.

It's a shame that there aren't more in this area. Winter would be a great time, and even in the summer in the cooler evenings (after a good rain).

I notice an old sign for on in Clermont - no telling how long it has been closed. Maybe someone will re-open one of these....

Smatta

espritdave
15-05-2005, 01:47
There is a drive-in - Lakeland. Check out the link.

$3.50 to see 2 first run movies!!!!

We've been - it's a great night out and a real piece of Americana.

http://www.silvermoondrivein.com/home.html

Dave

Ruth
15-05-2005, 03:01
I went to a drive-in when I was 18 and on an exchange with a family from Boston. It was a fantastic experience and I have very fond memories of it. Should the right films be on I would love to take the children to the Silver Moon:)

orlando novice
16-08-2005, 22:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by espritdave
There is a drive-in - Lakeland. Check out the link.

$3.50 to see 2 first run movies!!!!

We've been - it's a great night out and a real piece of Americana.

http://www.silvermoondrivein.com/home.html

Dave
[/quote]
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately couldn't make any sense of their map, has anyone been there? if so could you give me directions based around getting there from the 192, thanks

sundowner
19-08-2005, 15:16
Hi, you need to try an online map service

You will need the zip code of where you are staying and the zip code for Sivermoon (I think it's 33811)Also put in street name (Airport Rd and Lakeland).

I find it is very helpful and gives good directions.

YOu may be lucky and have someone post that has actually been there which would be more helpful. Good luck and enjoy the movie (if you find it ha ha)