PDA

View Full Version : Siesta Key

Macka
07-09-2005, 13:24
Hi all.

I've booked my Orlando villa and flights for 16th March next year, and I was just about to book 10 days on the gulf coast. We've done Siesta key 3 times now I think and were going to go back there, we do like it, and will choose there again, but I think I should consider other places on Siesta key. We've been to Bianco Sands on Point of Rocks (close to Stickney point bridge) every time. We like it there, their duplex's are not the biggest (for 4 folk) but the location for the beach is critical for us (200 yards away) particularly for Mrs. Macka and at around £600 quid for 10 days we think that's good value for the gulf coast. Does anyone know of anywhere else on Siesta Key that might fit the bill at these rates?

Paul.

julieanne
07-09-2005, 17:11
Paul

I love Siesta Key and spend lots of time there but I have not actually stayed on the Key itself so can't help you I'm afraid. Hopefully there'll be someone along soon who can

Let us know where you decide to stay...

bellaepovera
07-09-2005, 17:48
We stayed near by in Long boat key this summer. We stayed at the Hilton. Lido beach is about a half a block from St. Armands square also and will probably stay there next summer as the hotel was very nice. I believe the name is Lido Beach hotel, which use to be a Radisson but know recently changed. I really enjoy staying in this zone as the gulf coast waters are so much warmer.

Aiminghigh
07-09-2005, 17:49
I know of somewhere very nice at Longboat Key. It's right on the beach.
Dm me if you want details.

stabard
07-09-2005, 18:39
Why not have a look at the links above and see if there are villas available for your dates. No matter what the location - for me it has got to be a villa. I spend way too much time and money on my hols for the lack of space in a hotel to spoil it for me. This is just my own opnion mind [msnwink]

SunLover
07-09-2005, 18:52
Paul

There are some stunning Gulf Coast villas available through the Orlando Villas sites (links at the top of this page) so why not do a search for your required dates ?

Macka
07-09-2005, 19:06
Thanks for the replies everyone, Jan and lee, yes villa's for us too, wouldn't dream of a hotel now.
I have looked at the link Chris & Pete, but there's nothing in Siesta key. We've got my Mom and her new(ish) hubby coming. He's never been to the States before so we're opting for what we know, so we can make sure we've got the right place. If we were going on our own, we'd try somewhere new. Some of those villa's do look great.

julieanne
07-09-2005, 19:12
As I said I've not actually stayed on Siesta itself but last year I did pick up a leaflet for some accommodation there, although I can't remember the details. I'll see if I can find it and let you know :)

becbecs
07-09-2005, 19:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bellaepovera
We stayed near by in Long boat key this summer. We stayed at the Hilton.
[/quote]

We stayed here in 2003 absolutly fab place

Ruth
08-09-2005, 03:53
We have been to the beach at Siesta Key but much preferred the beaches at Englewood/Cape Haze. They are much quieter and more like the "natural Florida". Wherever you stay on the Gulf coast I am sure that you will not be disappointed but for us it would have to be a villa or condo rather than a hotel.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
Thanks for the replies everyone, Jan and lee, yes villa's for us too, wouldn't dream of a hotel now.
I have looked at the link Chris & Pete, but there's nothing in Siesta key. We've got my Mom and her new(ish) hubby coming. He's never been to the States before so we're opting for what we know, so we can make sure we've got the right place. If we were going on our own, we'd try somewhere new. Some of those villa's do look great.
[/quote]

Macka
08-09-2005, 12:10
Aaaaaaargh! just been quoted $3200 for 10 nights in siesta key. I'll have to get moving. Looks like I found the site just in the nick of time.
Thanks everyone, keep your idea's coming.

Susan J
09-09-2005, 16:17
That should be hint enough for you to look at the places on this site that suit your requirements - you may find you are pleasantly surprised if my search is anything to go by!!

Macka
09-09-2005, 16:25
Everyone.

I used the enquiry forms for this over the past couple of days and the response has been fantastic. I've now picked Rotundo, much [edited out]her south than we've ever considered but a beautiful Villa.
Can I say a big Thank you to everyone who sent details so quickly? I'll respond to everyone personally but if I miss anyone, thanks again.

Quite exciting really trying somewhere new. I'll be asking d=for guidance about the area soon I'm sure.

Paul and Beverley.

E. Cosgrove
09-09-2005, 16:56
Well done Macka, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.[msnsmile2]

Ruth
09-09-2005, 17:10
We have stayed in Rotonda twice, and have also stayed nearby at Cape Haze and Port Charlotte:)I am sure you will love the area as we do[8D]

Macka
09-09-2005, 17:26
Ha Ha, I just wrote the word [edited out]her, instead of further and it was edited out because the it thought it was the word [edited out].[:I]

E. Cosgrove
09-09-2005, 17:38
I guess you mean you wrote f a r t h e r [msnwink]

Macka
09-09-2005, 17:39
Ahhhh. Message received and understood Liz. Heh.