PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil

weemac
06-09-2005, 18:55
Can anyone tell me if this show is worth going to and is it suitable for my two kids aged 15 and 7? We are going back to Florida next summer for the fifth time (definately hooked!!) and are looking for some different things to do. Any other ideas of things to do other than the usual parks would be greatly received [msnsmile] Thanks

moodyvilla
06-09-2005, 19:00
It is quite simply the best show we have ever seen. I thought it was expensive but after seeing it was worth double. Our little one who was 7 at the time thought it was out of this world as well.[msnsmile2]

becbecs
06-09-2005, 19:28
Hi Weemac

Only went to see it approx 3 weeks ago at Downtown Disney. Just one of the best show,s we have seen. Will be perfect for your Children, ours are 12 and 9 years they just loved it and want to go again when we go back to Florida next year.

Quick Tip there are 3 tiers of seating area in a crest shape around the stage. Try and get seats in the middle section as you will not have a good view of the very start of the performance. Plus about 50 % of the show is above stage level.

Absolutly Fab [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

weemac
06-09-2005, 19:53
Where can you get tickets - is is worth waiting til we go to Florida or is it better to book them here before we go? The show sounds worth seeing.[msnsmile]

moodyvilla
06-09-2005, 20:43
You can get tickets following the link on this page (Orlando Park Tickets). We plan to go back with friends at Christmas an will be getting them from this link

06-09-2005, 21:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
Hi Weemac

Only went to see it approx 3 weeks ago at Downtown Disney. Just one of the best show,s we have seen. Will be perfect for your Children, ours are 12 and 9 years they just loved it and want to go again when we go back to Florida next year.

Quick Tip there are 3 tiers of seating area in a crest shape around the stage. Try and get seats in the middle section as you will not have a good view of the very start of the performance. Plus about 50 % of the show is above stage level.

Absolutly Fab [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

Excellent advice!!!

Its the best, you can't put it into words - just go you won't regret it[msnwink]

emm
06-09-2005, 21:14
Cirque de Soleil is DEFINITELY worth going to see. It is one of the best shows I have seen.[msnsmile2]

markburwood
06-09-2005, 21:19
We went 2 weeks ago and we all enjoyed it immensely. Even my 3 children ages 2,6 and 8 sat still for the whole show (something that happens very occasionally). can't recommend it highly enough. Fantastic show.[clap][clap][clap]

S&VEdwards
06-09-2005, 21:44
Hi Weemac

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Quick Tip there are 3 tiers of seating area in a crest shape around the stage. Try and get seats in the middle section as you will not have a good view of the very start of the performance. Plus about 50 % of the show is above stage level.[/quote]

We have tickets for the middle section which we had to go onto the Cirque website to purchase.

Sandra and Victor

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2251.aspx

Deb
06-09-2005, 23:35
It's best to book ahead to get the seats you want. We tried to go in Easter 2004 and rang the box office as soon as we arrived in our house. But they only had single seats left over the whole 2 weeks we were there. So once I booked our trip for this July I immediately ordered the tickets and we got a great position on the second tier in the middle. It is the most amazing show I have ever seen, there is so much activity you really don't know where to look. I can't wait to go back!

becbecs
06-09-2005, 23:52
Book ahead through this site and when you get your ticket vouchers it will explain exactly what to do. Its very simple to follow. We purchased through this site and found the prices to be excellent and the service first class. My advise is to book before you go as you may be disappointed when you arrvice at the box office.

BISH
08-09-2005, 04:03
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I have heard alot about this show but don't know much about it.[:I] Can someone explain what cirque du soleil is please

Thank You

blott
08-09-2005, 04:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by BISH
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I have heard alot about this show but don't know much about it.[:I] Can someone explain what cirque du soleil is please

Thank You[/quote]Not easily I'm afraid as it's not quite like anything you've ever seen before! :) Did you go to see the show at the Millennium Dome in London? Some of it is a bit similar in style to that but heaps better.

If you go to the website, you can click on a short movie of the show to get a bit of an idea but it's loads better in person than it looks on a film clip. http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/showstickets/lanouba/intro/intro.htm

Don't forget you can get tickets from the Orlando Park Tickets link on the top of each forum page.

becbecs
08-09-2005, 13:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by BISH

Thank You
[/quote]

Having been 3 weeks ago to watch the show in Downtown Disney, I decided to do an article for the Florida Guide on here. Not been published yet as I'm sure FHV is taking up alot of John & Rogers time.

But as Blott said its like nothing you have really seen before, and certainly worth every penny you pay to watch it.

Aiminghigh
08-09-2005, 16:55
It even enthralled our hard-to-please 17 year old son and his friend!

Wazz
22-09-2005, 20:08
a fantastic show.saw it on our first night and it really set the holiday up.have the dvd as well but you cant beat sitting 10 feet away from them.could watch the little chinese girls and their spinning tops and ropes for ages.i was speechless.

Nina A
08-11-2005, 14:17
Have seen Cirque Du Soleil several times in various places but this is the best. We try to go every time we are in Orlando. The purpose built theatre is perfect for them. It is suitable for everyone from 1 to 101! I defy anyone not to be totally enthralled. What is it? Not easily definable, everyone will get something different out of it. Basically a mix of theatre, music, dance, circus and comedy (traditional clowns, personally my least favourite part). The show uses every level of the theatre. If you have seen the girls spinning down on silk from the ceiling on the BBC fill in, you have had a very tame taster. With Cirque the silks fly. The whole show is one huge adrenalin rush of pure energy. One thing no one else has mentioned is that you should try to be in your seat 20 to 30 mins before the show starts. The pre show is very entertaining!

Ana
08-11-2005, 14:29
I remember going to see the act in the centre of The Dome in London, and thinking "wow, this is fantastic" Compared to Cirque in Orlando the Dome Show was like a school play!
Def worth going - don't think that you can catch it next time it's touring the UK because it's a totally different experience.

ahagan
11-11-2005, 19:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nina A
Have seen Cirque Du Soleil several times in various places but this is the best. We try to go every time we are in Orlando. The purpose built theatre is perfect for them. It is suitable for everyone from 1 to 101! I defy anyone not to be totally enthralled. What is it? Not easily definable, everyone will get something different out of it. Basically a mix of theatre, music, dance, circus and comedy (traditional clowns, personally my least favourite part). The show uses every level of the theatre. If you have seen the girls spinning down on silk from the ceiling on the BBC fill in, you have had a very tame taster. With Cirque the silks fly. The whole show is one huge adrenalin rush of pure energy. One thing no one else has mentioned is that you should try to be in your seat 20 to 30 mins before the show starts. The pre show is very entertaining!
[/quote]

Just to add to this the little Chinese girls are marvelous. I don't think I've clapped so hard in all my life. You must see it.

50sumtng
12-11-2005, 06:05
Got to add my bit to this thread.
It may have been mentioned before, but we saw the show earlier this year and it is definately on the must visit for the next visit.
But... the most expensive seats are not necessarily the best.
We sat in the 3rd. row and during the high wire acts, spent a lot of time looking vertically into the air. Next time, we will get seats in the 10th + rows. It will be a bit easier on the neck.
Also a better view of the pre-show entertainment
[clap]

kaysvacationvilla
12-11-2005, 06:52
Can't wait as we have purchased our tickets for Christmas Eve. I have heard nothing but good comments from everyone. We are bringing 8, 12,15,16 year olds

Paula D-S
12-11-2005, 11:34
My parents went for the first time this week and they have raved about it since. They can't wait to take their grandchildren now[msnsmile2]

rosie
12-11-2005, 12:05
For anyone planning on going this year or next these are the dates the show isn't on

La Nouba will not be presented on the following dates in 2005:
November 13 to 15
December 4 to 13

La Nouba will not be presented on the following dates in 2006:

January 22 to 30
March 26 to 28
May 21 to June 5
July 30 to August 1
September 17 to 25
November 19 to 21

12-11-2005, 13:27
Have to agree with previous thread first few rows will give you neck ache think we were in row 22 and it was perfect[msnwink][msnwink]