PDA

View Full Version : Sony psp

gwendolinemary
06-09-2005, 17:27
We're off to Florida in two weeks and my son would like to know if he'll be able to buy games and accessories for his new Sony psp when we're there.

Benny
06-09-2005, 17:35
Im pretty sure you can,you will just have to look in the correct places.Im sure someone else on here will be able to give you more info.

dolphinv
06-09-2005, 18:04
accessories should work, i will check with my brother on the games, he has had a PSP for months!! Don't know how!

pieman790
06-09-2005, 18:42
We bought one back in May from Walmart. Have to say there was not alot in it in terms of price differance between the US and the UK however we have had ours now for over 3 months and they have only just come out here. You can play the US and UK games on the the PSP however the UMD movies will only work on UK machines as they are region coded.
I linked my PSP to a friends PSP last week and we were playing need for speed on a network without any wires.

CarolAnn
07-09-2005, 02:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
We bought one back in May from Walmart. Have to say there was not alot in it in terms of price differance between the US and the UK however we have had ours now for over 3 months and they have only just come out here. You can play the US and UK games on the the PSP however the UMD movies will only work on UK machines as they are region coded.
I linked my PSP to a friends PSP last week and we were playing need for speed on a network without any wires.
[/quote]
Thanks for the tip on Movies! I think we are going to plunge for a PSP for my daughters 13th birthday next week, but I was slightly overwhelmed by the amount that would need to be spent to buy games and films[msnscared]Thought we might get Films in Florida next month [msneek]Obviously not[msneek]

Ray&Sarah
07-09-2005, 02:47
She'll love it Carol, our 13 year old son spends hours playing games on his and takes it everywhere with him.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
07-09-2005, 03:04
Hope so Sarah. I plan to take the "wallet" shopping with me tomorrow to show him what it is all about[msnwink]I am a bit new to any kind of games console tyhpe thing, and have little or no interest in them. Needless to say, I was shocked to learn that having bought the PSP, without the games at £34 a piece, or films at around £18, and the various cables required...it is actually fairly useless!! i thought it might come with some games already on it[msnoo]

pieman790
07-09-2005, 03:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Hope so Sarah. I plan to take the "wallet" shopping with me tomorrow to show him what it is all about[msnwink]I am a bit new to any kind of games console tyhpe thing, and have little or no interest in them. Needless to say, I was shocked to learn that having bought the PSP, without the games at £34 a piece, or films at around £18, and the various cables required...it is actually fairly useless!! i thought it might come with some games already on it[msnoo]
[/quote]

We got a demo disc with ours but it is almost useless as you cannot play any of the games on the disc. The games in the US are cheaper than here in the Uk at around $40-50 each.

CarolAnn
07-09-2005, 03:33
We are due out to Florida in October, so will hold out and look at the games then if we can. Will have to buy a film though, poor kid will need something to use on it if we buy it! I was told that Sony are working on bringing out a DVD player that will play both the current DVDs and the mini dvds that play on a PSP:)