PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Dress

djdigitald
05-09-2005, 18:14
Not mine obviously.... Virgin no longer hang Wedding Dress' on board and they have to be put in Hand Luggage(Are they Mad!!!!) or in a suitcase in the hold.

One question Kaye has asked me to ask the ladies is how have you done this when you have taken yours out?
I know that you can get some people to steam them when you get over there but was wondering how it was transported in the first instance.

Ana
05-09-2005, 18:25
I took mine on as Hand Luggage. It was a bit of a pain carrying it around - but my no.1 concern was that it didn't get lost.

I didn't need to get it steamed I just took it out of the bag when I got there and hung it in the closet (used one in another bedroom to uphold tradition) I think that you have to be practical when choosing a dress to take abroad and consider what type of fabrics will recover quickly after the journey.

caroline
05-09-2005, 18:30
I've never had to transport a wedding dress, but if I did I would buy the largest hard suitcase and pack it out with tons of white tissue paper, making sure you line the suitcase with polythene and white tissue, scrunch up lots of tissue to support the bodice, and if the dress has sleeves also fill them with scrunched tissue - then unpack it at as soon as you arrive and if needed take it to the cleaners to be steamed (I would only do this if absolutely necessary in case they damaged it)

sundowner
05-09-2005, 18:50
When my son got married in the Seychelles last year my daughter-in-law did take it on the flight with her (even though they were given the information as you), when she got on the plane they were all very helpful and hung it in closet for her. She was willing to take a chance on not having to put it in the overhead locker and it paid off. Of course I suppose it depends on the 'bulkiness' of the dress, but at least she knew where it was at all times. The creases fell out very easily.

dolphinv
05-09-2005, 18:51
What a pity, my sister got her dress ugraded to First class on Aerlingus....pity she didn't get the upgrade too[msnwink]

esprit
05-09-2005, 19:26
Did you get married in Florida then, Ana, If so i didnt know that.

blott
05-09-2005, 19:43
Why not buy the wedding dress in Florida? Not only are they at least half the price of the ones in the UK but there are also no transportation worries.

solanasunshine
05-09-2005, 22:50
I took my wedding dress out in a large hard suitcase and then hung it straight up as soon as we arrived and it was fine.[msnsmile]

Gill

Ana
05-09-2005, 22:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Did you get married in Florida then, Ana, If so i didnt know that.
[/quote]
Yes, we got married on Cocoa Beach. It was wonderful, Sun, Sand & Steel drums! I'll bring some pics next time I come over :D

dolphinv
05-09-2005, 23:59
My sister gets married in September 2006, she bought her dress in Chicago, ordered it online went over to have a fitting and took in a trip to Boston and still reckons she saved €500 on prices here in Ireland[msnscared]

djdigitald
06-09-2005, 11:21
Kaye has already bought her dress and apparently it is a big one [msnscared] so i don't think it will go in hand luggage!

owen3
08-09-2005, 04:05
Hi Daniel, my daughter got married abroad this year, she got her dress packed in the wedding shop on the day we were going. She just hung it up when we arrived and it was fine. Barbara

djdigitald
08-09-2005, 12:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by owen3
Hi Daniel, my daughter got married abroad this year, she got her dress packed in the wedding shop on the day we were going. She just hung it up when we arrived and it was fine. Barbara
[/quote]

Thanks Barbara.

CCollins
15-09-2005, 00:00
I took my dress on a hand luggage with BA, they didn't have room to hang it in the closet, but happily placed it in an empty first class seat. I wish they had put me in it and not the dress.

Its our anniversary on friday! 2 years, its flown by!

owen3
16-09-2005, 15:27
Caroline Happy anniversary for today. Barbara