PDA

View Full Version : Season 1 and 2 24 DVD Collectors Box Set

05-09-2005, 15:08
Limited Edition DVD Collectors Box Set of the series 24.

Immaculate condition, season 1 dvd's used once and season 2 unused!

Price on Amazon if bought separate over £50 but can't see this set as it was limited.

Open to offers - I will pay special delivery postage[msnwink]

Kazzie
05-09-2005, 16:11
Am I missing something here? Season 1 and 2 of what?

Karen

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-09-2005, 16:20
I was wondering that too [msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie

Karen
[/quote]

stuart
05-09-2005, 16:21
The series '24' I suspect, as its mentioned in the topic heading[msnwink]

Kim

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie

Karen
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
05-09-2005, 16:28
The series 24.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-09-2005, 17:03
Never heard of it I'm afraid. I just thought there was 24 DVD's in the set and thus it was very good value [msneek]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
The series 24.
[/quote]

emm
05-09-2005, 17:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Never heard of it I'm afraid. I just thought there was 24 DVD's in the set and thus it was very good value [msneek]

The series 24.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Never heard of it? [:O][msnoo]

You don't know what you are missing! Series 4 has just recently finished!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-09-2005, 17:40
I'm guessing it's a TV program? (I don't watch that much TV so have missed it).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

The series 24.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Never heard of it? [:O][msnoo]

You don't know what you are missing! Series 4 has just recently finished!
[/quote]

05-09-2005, 17:52
Sorry! I thought everyone had heard of 24!

Heres a brief outline.........

Season One

Such a simple idea--yet so fiendishly complex in the execution. 24, as surely everyone knows by now, is a thriller that takes places over 24 hours, midnight to midnight, in 24 one-hour episodes (well, 45-minute episodes if you subtract the commercials). Everything takes place in real time, which means no flashbacks, no flash-forwards, no handy time-dissolves. Every strand of the plot has to be dovetailed and interlocked so things happen just when they should, in the right amount of time. Not that easy.
Creator Robert Cochran and his team of writers and directors have done an impressive job of putting the jigsaw together and keeping the tension ratcheted up high, as federal agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) runs around L.A. trying to stall an assassination attempt on an African American presidential candidate and rescue his wife and daughter from the clutches of the Balkan baddies. Twists, turns, revelations, and cliffhangers are tossed at us with satisfying regularity. It's not perfect: we get some hokey plot devices (instant amnesia, anybody?); the final twist makes no sense whatsoever; there are altogether too many huggy family moments; and as for Dennis Hopper's "Serbian" accent....

Even so, this is undeniably mold-breaking TV. Sutherland, rescuing his career from the doldrums in one heroic leap, fully deserves his Golden Globe. Sets and locations are artfully deployed, and Sean Callery's score is a powerful, brooding presence. Like Murder One and The Sopranos, 24 is one of those series that future TV thrillers will be measured against.

Season Two

Jack Bauer is having another one of his "very bad days" in the second season of the groundbreaking real-time thriller 24. Once again the hours are ticking by with more guaranteed cliffhangers than a convention of mountain climbers. Holed up in a Los Angeles condo and estranged from his daughter, Jack is no longer on the government payroll; unfortunately for him, this small fact doesn't seem to matter to President David Palmer and the NSA, who call him back in to the CTU and give him 24 hours to infiltrate a terrorist organization that is planning to detonate a dirty bomb in the city of angels. All Jack wants is to get his daughter out of the city, unfortunately Kim's new employer, the abusive father of the child she is nannying, has other ideas.

Fans of the original won't be disappointed, as there are more than enough shock moments in the first few hours to hint at the climactic build-up to come, while newcomers can quickly get involved in the lives of Jack and his family. There are some new characters to bolster the veteran cast and, interestingly (although not surprisingly), Jack's character has taken an altogether darker, more psychopathic turn. The danger the characters find themselves in also has a much more global, not to mention topical, impetus, grounded as it is in the war against terrorism. Although the territory is more familiar this time around, this second season is just as much a high-tension, taut, adrenalin-fuelled ride as the first, and one that will have you glued to your TV for the next 24 hours.

Season Three and Four are also out on DVD[msnwink]

Kazzie
05-09-2005, 18:58
Me either! Dont get much chance to watch tv anyway.

Karen

The series 24.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ana
05-09-2005, 23:01
I found trying to watch these on TV too frustrating! As it's one very exciting 24 hour period - the suspense at the end of each episode is too much. We watched each series over the space of a week or a weekend - well worth the watch.

06-09-2005, 00:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ana
I found trying to watch these on TV too frustrating! As it's one very exciting 24 hour period - the suspense at the end of each episode is too much. We watched each series over the space of a week or a weekend - well worth the watch.
[/quote]

Much better on DVD then![msnwink]

Daglish
06-09-2005, 01:31
Fantastic series - we've watched all 4 of them. Understand they are now filming series 5 so more still to come!

Mags
06-09-2005, 01:44
Fantastic watching on DVD we were totally hooked. Jack Bauer is my hero!

06-09-2005, 17:48
Looks like it will be going to the charity shop then???[msnsad]

CCollins
07-09-2005, 00:00
have sent you a DM[msnsmile2]

07-09-2005, 01:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CCollins
have sent you a DM[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Thanks I have sent one back[msnwink]

07-09-2005, 01:52
Its Sold!