PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow - Sanford 149 + taxes

finishrich
04-09-2005, 23:48
[name edited] are starting a new service flying from Glasgow direct to Sanford from October to April. Great news for anyone from Scotland as all the main operators stop their service around October.

Flights are from £149 + taxes each way. There is even the option of premium and business class seating. Flights start from the end of October.

Ruth
05-09-2005, 00:52
They do not seem to have their license yet and they also appear not to give reductions for children unfortunately:(

finishrich
17-09-2005, 01:31
Been keeping an eye on the [name edited] website and they now have the ATOL License in place. Return flights from late October are around £294 including taxes.

Florida3883
17-09-2005, 12:39
yep, I got that email as well. There were a few doubters on here but it's only got to be good not just for those who live in Scotland but for those who want a cheap flight can now travel to bonnie Scotland.

bellaepovera
17-09-2005, 13:40
The problem with this is anyone living outside of Scotland who can get a cheap flight to Glasglow and then take that flight to Sanford will have problems with weight reductions as flying with airlines in the European states does not give you the same weight for luggage so might end up paying a fine which by then you will not be saving on your airfare? Just a thought.

sundowner
17-09-2005, 19:31
Sounds good. Why do I never find those sort of prices from Birmingham - it's just not fair.[msnsad]

eastcoastbranch
17-09-2005, 20:03
Noticed this last night as well. Thank goodness someone is flying direct from Scotland in the winter. Hopefuly they sell lots of seats and continue flying from Glasgow. Maybe we might see a flight going direct from Edinburgh one day as well. I will definately be using them if we go to Florida after mid Oct this year.
Hannah

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by finishrich
Been keeping an eye on the [name edited] website and they now have the ATOL License in place. Return flights from late October are around £294 including taxes.
[/quote]

finishrich
18-09-2005, 23:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bellaepovera
The problem with this is anyone living outside of Scotland who can get a cheap flight to Glasglow and then take that flight to Sanford will have problems with weight reductions as flying with airlines in the European states does not give you the same weight for luggage so might end up paying a fine which by then you will not be saving on your airfare? Just a thought.
[/quote]

Those of us in Scotland have had to deal with that problem for years!! Not only having to either fly to London or Amsterdam etc to get a flight in the Winter but also having to pay double airport tax etc. Or the other option a 5 or 6 hour drive to Manchester. So now you can see why we're delighted to get a direct flight.

finishrich
04-10-2005, 22:58
Forget it!!

Their flight program has now be cancelled.

05-10-2005, 15:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by finishrich
Forget it!!

Their flight program has now be cancelled.
[/quote]

Oh No do you know why?

Ruth
05-10-2005, 17:10
Lack of bookings I'm afraid:(

05-10-2005, 17:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
Lack of bookings I'm afraid:(
[/quote]

I must admit I am very surprised, they didn't really give it a chance[msnscared]

Ruth
05-10-2005, 19:15
My thoughts exactly[msneek]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

I must admit I am very surprised, they didn't really give it a chance[msnscared]
[/quote]

Robert5988
05-10-2005, 19:36
Wasn't this the scheme that you had to pay a subscription(49 pounds?) to register for their flights?

If it is the same scheme, I wonder how many people paid and whether they will get a refund? Somehow I doubt it!

06-10-2005, 01:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
Wasn't this the scheme that you had to pay a subscription(49 pounds?) to register for their flights?

If it is the same scheme, I wonder how many people paid and whether they will get a refund? Somehow I doubt it!
[/quote]

Another scam possibly[msnscared]

Ruth
06-10-2005, 01:21
I am sure it was not a scam. There were instructions as to how to claim any money you had paid back in the email which said the flights had all been cancelled. The owner os the site is well known to a lot of home owners and would not rip anyone off.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-10-2005, 02:01
I seriously doubt it's a scam - we know of the guy who is involved and he also runs several other sites, including a villa listings site which you could say is in competition with us. We've always found him very genuine and certainly enthusiastic.

I'm sure anyone who paid membership fees for the airline will have no trouble at all getting their money back.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

[/quote]

Another scam possibly[msnscared]
[/quote]

06-10-2005, 09:57
I hope so, it makes me very cross when people loose money[msnsad]

stavros47
26-10-2005, 13:25
We got our money back no problem, infact we claimed it back when he first released the prices and we foung it was not going to be much cheaper in the long run.

ewhyte
21-11-2005, 16:18
Another company [name edited] has now intimated that it will be flying from Glasgow to sanford daily starting in May I think for similar prices which is great news since it means 9 hours travel instaed of 15 hours.....fab!

blott
21-11-2005, 16:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ewhyte
Another company [name edited] has now intimated that it will be flying from Glasgow to sanford daily starting in May I think for similar prices which is great news since it means 9 hours travel instaed of 15 hours.....fab!
[/quote]There's a thread about this here. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25475&whichpage=2