PDA

View Full Version : Snowing in Aberdeen

K4LGB
13-05-2003, 18:33
Tuesday 13th May 14:30
Sitting in the office with a short sleeved shirt on (with fading/peeling tan) and and there has just been a shower of snow in Aberdeen! [:0]
Ten days ago I was in the Everglades with temperatures in the high 80s - what's that all about then?

Depressed in Aberdeen

blott
13-05-2003, 18:38
Ooeer! Three days ago we were in Florida in 90+F so it doesn't seem credible to have snow at this time of year in the UK, even if it is in Aberdeen! :(

steph_goodrum
13-05-2003, 18:54
half an hour ago we had hail stones here in Kent.... must be all this global warming they keep going on about, I want to know when I'm geting my share.:)

mikewj
13-05-2003, 19:47
If its any consolation, it's nice and sunny on the banks of the river Mersey.....although its a bit windy !!

K4LGB
13-05-2003, 20:41
Yesterday the BBC weather website 5 day forecast was saying that it would be quite nice by the end of the week - however on this mornings TV weather they were talking about a big area of low pressure off to the west coming in and making it very wet from about tomorrow night onwards!

The storm we experienced in Key West was blamed on the "El Nino" effect by the Weather Channel so it looks like the whole worlds weather is all to pot BTW we had hailstones Sunday and yesterday but to see snow flakes being blown horizontally past your window in the middle of May is pretty unusual (even for Aberdeen!)

Oh well we can definitely use the four seasons in one day quote today as it is now bright sunshine but still blowing a hooley!

Andy & Arlene
13-05-2003, 21:57
Where about are you in Aberdeen? I'm in BOD and although there has been rain on and off no sign of snow here.

sunseeker
14-05-2003, 02:22
Snow showers in surrey too, We have had the lot today.
Snow,hail,driving rain,thunder and clear blue sunny skies, They have
even forecast a frost for tonight. Very strange.

K4LGB
14-05-2003, 16:09
Arlene

I am at Hill of Rubislaw beside the quarry and I had to phone my fiance at Altens to confirm what I was seeing!
Seemed to be moving southernly from the wind direction si it could well have missed BOD!

Went on for about 5minutes and I see Radio Scotland are actually forecasting snow for the hills today (Wed)!

Never has the old Scottish phrase "if you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes" been more apt.....

Later
Les

mikewj
14-05-2003, 21:33
According to the BBC, there's a widespread frost forcast for tonight.

Cant see that being a result of any global warming !!!