PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Ideas: Thousand Oaks Area

Captain Slog
13-05-2003, 12:53
Any recomendations for a family restaurant max 5/10 mins distance from Thousand Oaks, Davenport? Steaks, ribs, burgers etc will probably be the order of the day.

Our flight gets in on Saturday PM and I'd prefer to eat out than fill up at MCO.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

CS

porky
13-05-2003, 13:41
Can't help with the restaurants around there but I do know Chillis at the airport is very good. We always fill up there before leaving.

Enjoy your holiday.

Jacqui

Carla
13-05-2003, 15:12
My home is on Thousand Oaks and we have several restaurants that you might enjoy which are not too far away.

These two are probably your best bet and are within about 10 mins of T. Oaks:

LONGMANS STEAK HOUSE - Beautiful steaks. Wonderful ribs. They bring bread to your table and it is delicious. On Highway 192 near Marker 10 and the Big Orange (building shaped like and coloured like an orange). Reasonably priced. This one is close to Poinciana Boulevard which you can take, going south, to get back to Thousand Oaks.

CHARLIE'S - On highway 192 near Marker 8, set back from the road a bit, on the West side of the road. Expensive, but the steaks are mouth-watering. Use Interstate 4 to get to Thousand Oaks from this one.

Hope this helps.

If you would like directions etc. to the other restaurants that we recommend to our guests then please let me know.

Have a great trip and I know that you will love Thousand Oaks.

florida4sun
13-05-2003, 17:33
I second charlies. It cionsitsantly comes in the top ten steak houses in the USA. Dont order starters and sharing a steak is worth considering. Great wine list too.

quote:Originally posted by Carla

My home is on Thousand Oaks and we have several restaurants that you might enjoy which are not too far away.

These two are probably your best bet and are within about 10 mins of T. Oaks:

LONGMANS STEAK HOUSE - Beautiful steaks. Wonderful ribs. They bring bread to your table and it is delicious. On Highway 192 near Marker 10 and the Big Orange (building shaped like and coloured like an orange). Reasonably priced. This one is close to Poinciana Boulevard which you can take, going south, to get back to Thousand Oaks.

CHARLIE'S - On highway 192 near Marker 8, set back from the road a bit, on the West side of the road. Expensive, but the steaks are mouth-watering. Use Interstate 4 to get to Thousand Oaks from this one.

Hope this helps.

If you would like directions etc. to the other restaurants that we recommend to our guests then please let me know.

Have a great trip and I know that you will love Thousand Oaks.

Captain Slog
13-05-2003, 23:11
Jacqui, Carla & Martin,

Thanks for the recomendations; I can smell that steak already!

There's nothing worse than arrving and grabbing the first restaurant you see because it's late/getting busy and you're really hungry after a long flight just to find it's really poor.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before but I've found http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/ useful for navigating around the area.

CS

Carla
14-05-2003, 02:08
I arrive tomorrow and am going to a steak/ribs place called Tony Romas on I-Drive with some friends. There is also one of these past marker 15 on Highway 192 going towards Kissimmee. The hot ribs are the best, especially if you like them spicy. :D:D

At Charlies, we usually order our own steaks and then take the remainder home with us and have it in a bun for lunch the next day. It is just as delicious and mouth-melting cold as it is when hot. :D:D

Have a great time. May even bump into you on Thousand Oaks. :D:D

Malcolm
20-05-2003, 21:34
When we arrive in a couple of weeks its straight to the Outback Steakhouse at Formosa Gardens.

I second the votes for Charleys. Went there on my Birthday last year ant it was superb!!! a bit pricey for everyday meals:(