PDA

View Full Version : IOA..Waterpark??

foghorn
13-05-2003, 11:52
Hello,

Does IOA have a waterpark...TOON LAGOON??[?]

fiona
13-05-2003, 11:55
Unfortunately not. Toon Lagoon is cartoon area - Betty Boop etc at Islands of Adventure.

Nearest waterpark to Universal is Wet 'n' Wild which comes as part of the 10 day Universal / Sea World entrance tickets. Disney have 2 - Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon as they have closed River Island at the moment.

Lesley S
13-05-2003, 12:26
IOA does have a small childrens play bit where they can get wet. Our daughter loves this bit.
It is by the cat in the hat ride and one fish, two fish.

fiona
13-05-2003, 15:50
I had forgotten about that Lesley, but I think foghorn did mean a proper water park!

There's also an area at Universal where they can splash around and have fun. Of course now mine are teenagers they are far too grown up for that - more likely I can't get my hair wet!!!!:(

steph_goodrum
13-05-2003, 16:13
But if you just want to cool down at IOA you'll find the water rides will do quite a good job.:D

mikewj
13-05-2003, 19:50
There's nothing like Bluto and Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges or Ripsaw Falls to cool you down on a hot Florida day !

Look, I'm starting to depress myself now.....not going back until next (2004) June :(

mikep
13-05-2003, 21:46
I can confirm what you say about Ripsaw Falls. It certainly cooled all my bits down on the hot day we were there. The only thing we got wetter on was Congo River Rapids at Busch Gardens. We seemed to be in every firing line! Busch's water park (Adventure Island)is good too by the way. Some quite amazing slides, and it seems to have a bit more space than the Disney parks.

foghorn
13-05-2003, 22:58
Many thanks for taking the time to reply :)

tinkerbell
21-07-2003, 18:12
Unfrotunately going in december, walking around with a wet bum is not necessarily the ideal attire!!! You tend to get very cold very uickly, but they are just so much fun you can't not go on!!! Just be sure not to wear denim!!!

mikewj
22-07-2003, 14:28
We went to IOA in December 2001 and took a ride on a very quiet Bluto and Popeye. One of the other riders in our doughnut was an elderly lady in a dress made of fairly heavy looking wool-like material who had obviously never been on the ride before.

Needless to say, we all got soaked but as we were in shorts and t-shirts, we dried off quite quickly (albeit feeling a little cold). The elderly lady looked like she'd been sitting in a bath of water !

We didn't see her again, but can only imagine how long it must have taken for her to dry off !!

tinkerbell
22-07-2003, 18:08
Oh dear!! She should have invested in a poncho!! I do hate seeing people on those water rides in ponchos! Just makes me want to see them get soaked!! But in december it's kind of understandable!! If it makes the rest of your day more enjoyable, and you can still go on the water rides cos they're just great at IOA!!!