PDA

View Full Version : Winter Gardens

gilly
11-05-2003, 19:45
Can anyone give us information about Winter Gardens? Where is it and what is there to do when there?

esprit
11-05-2003, 21:04
Is this in the Orlando area? We have a Winter Haven where Cypress Gardens which just closed down were. Or there is a Winter Park. The only Winter Gardens I ever heard of is an RV resort??

gilly
12-05-2003, 01:35
Really not sure, where's RV? Someone recomended Winter Gardens to my mother in law, they are coming to florida with us in July. She said something about being able to go on a boat ride while your there, sorry dont know any more... The only Winter Gardens I know is in Blackpool, U.K.

esprit
12-05-2003, 02:16
The boar ride bit sounds like Winter Park. This is a real old fashiomed American town just north of Orlando and you can go a boat ride past all the fine houses. If you search on here, there will be threads on this. As I said Winter Gardens is a big park for RVs ( recreational vehicles, those big camper vans) Dont think she could have meant that.

gilly
12-05-2003, 23:44
Many thanks Julie, She did say something about posh houses so this must be the place they are looking for. Gilly:D

janny
20-05-2003, 17:01
Winter Park has it's own web site.
Lots of small shops, cafes, galleries etc. The downtown area is wonderful...little shops, courtyards. Very relaxing.

If you want bigger shops, there is the Winter Park Mall about three blocks to the west!It looks a great place.have put it on my to do list for next timehttp://www.ci.winter-park.fl.us/2002/

gilly
20-05-2003, 23:31
Thanks Janny, But what about the disney secrets?????:D