PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater or Naples

Rosieluvshols
29-08-2005, 21:14
Hello we are still trying to plan the second part of our trip to Florida for 06. We can't decide between Clearwater or Naples, looking to relax but don't want the teenagers to be bored. Any advice on which resort would be most suitable would be appreciated. Thanks :)

andrewmckay5
29-08-2005, 22:18
Rosie,
I don't know if you have posted this elsewhere but how old are the teenagers and what do they enjoy doing?
We've had seveal renters with teenagers of all ages who enjoy the pool, tha beaches, the restaurants and some of the local attractions (thers a number of links to these in this part of the forum:)
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_23540.asp
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_12502.asp
andrew

Rosieluvshols
29-08-2005, 22:52
Thanks for the links Andrew, the children will be 14 and 16 when we go. I know they will love the beaches and the pool but was wondering about the evenings, are there resturants or such that have family entertainment. Thanks:)

abbeyvillas
31-08-2005, 14:15
Hi Rosie,

Our children are almost the same ages as yours, we had a lovely time in Naples in August and will surely return but we did find that we were dragging them away from the pool earlier as all the restaurants close early. By 9.30 in the evening the place was almost closed down although we did find a bowling alley in the Park Shore area and an 'Outback Steakhouse' that kept open a little later.

Two years ago we spent a few days in Clearwater which is much more teen orientated, there are lots of pavement cafe/bars & restaurants where you can watch the teenagers 'cruising' around the blocks in their trendy cars with the music blasting (particularly at weekends).

We really enjoyed both places, just to confuse you further St.Pete's Beach falls somewhere between the 2. Lots of places to eat but a bit more spread out than Clearwater. If your kids are sporty the Baseball at Tampa is a great day out and easily accessible from both Clearwater & St.Pete's.[clap]

becbecs
31-08-2005, 16:46
Hi Rosie

We had this decision to make in 2003, I can't comment on Naples and Clearwater but I,m am sure they are fab, but I can on a place called Longboat Key, Sarasota. All I can say about this place and probably a lot of other resorts on the Gulf Coast is Paradise. We chilled out for a week and had such a great time, the restaurants are fab the beaches are to die for and the people are so freindly. Where ever you choose it will be fab.