PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Villa

Rodney
28-08-2005, 21:26
If anyone is looking here for the first time and thinking about booking a villa, then don't hesitate. We stayed in a villa, booked through this site for the first time in August this year and it was excellent. You have so much freedom[8D], it is cheaper:D than a hotel, much quieter:) and you usually get your own pool just to yourself:D:D.
You get the choice of staying in to eat by the pool for a change, having a quick breakfast and hitting the parks early, having all mod cons (dishwasher, TV in each room, Playstation, X Box, HiFi and wonderful air conditioning that you can set) and so much more. Booking and paying is easy and reliable and the owners were so helpful and friendly.
We stayed at Crescent Lakes which was wonderful. It was so quiet, you hardly saw anyone even though it was a residential area as well. It was well located for shops and disney.
Booking in this way is now the way for me....I will never book through a travel agent or brochure again.

SunLover
28-08-2005, 21:45
So pleased you had such a good time Rodney, and thank you for recommending the OV sites :D

dolphinv
28-08-2005, 22:28
Thanks Rodney, I hope you will be able to persuade people that can't decide! If you mention reports like that to a few people hopefully the booking bus will be full next year!

28-08-2005, 22:48
You just can't beat a villa[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
28-08-2005, 23:03
Well said Rodney!![clap][clap][clap]
Glad you had such a positive experience:D

heathercobbett
28-08-2005, 23:19
I notice that when we fly over these days,almost everybody has rented a villa.Not a well kept secret anymore
Thanks for taking the time to post,Rodney;makes all of us owners feel collectively proud! And hope you enjoy many more happy villa holidays

Lynne S
29-08-2005, 19:14
That's the best advert for all of us owners.:)Thanks Rodney.

Great to hear you had a wonderful time and when's the next one ?;)

CarolAnn
29-08-2005, 19:18
How lovely Rodney:) I must get some friends of ours to read your comments, they panicked and decided to book with a travel agent for their first trip to Orlando.....I won't say to them I told you so, but............. don't think they will be doing THAT again!!

blott
29-08-2005, 19:32
Thanks for coming back and giving us some feedback Rodney and it sounds as if you had a great time in your home and at Crescent Lakes.

Glad to have another convert on board and now you can start planning your next trip! :)

kitty
29-08-2005, 20:01
We have booked to go to crescent lakes next july,we have never done diy before,always gone through the travel agents,but everything seems to be slotting into place,: booking villa,flights and hopefully getting park tickets from here as well so its really nice to hear that your holiday went ok[msncool]

dan
29-08-2005, 20:48
Glad to hear you enjoyed the villa experience, Rodney! There's no going back now :D

Kitty - you'll have a fab time at the villa next year, and you will wonder why you didn't do the DIY sooner[msnsmile2]

kitty
29-08-2005, 22:20
Hi dan thanks,its always a worry doing diy especially with children,but after reading all the experiances from people on this site i know we have made the right decision,we went through a travel agent last year,it was nice but needed that extra bit and hopefully we have found it here,the villa we have booked has everything the children w and us are looking for[msncool]

Andy and Wendy
29-08-2005, 22:59
Great to hear you had a good time Rodney[msnsmile2]

Feedback like yours makes it all so much more worthwhile for villa owners.

Keep spreading the word[clap]

Andy

chrizzy100
29-08-2005, 23:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by heathercobbett
I notice that when we fly over these days,almost everybody has rented a villa.Not a well kept secret anymore
Thanks for taking the time to post,Rodney;makes all of us owners feel collectively proud! And hope you enjoy many more happy villa holidays
[/quote]

It makes me laugh seeing everyone with their bits of paper showing where their rental villa's are.....I take a look while standing waiting to pick up my hire car.......

Also when we are sitting in our place on a Saturday.....you can tell that Virgin has landed a few hours before.. when tons of dodge caravans start arriving.....I really love seeing the people on holiday....I've talked to people from all over the UK in the last 2 years.......watching the kids play in the pool...some learning to swim for the first time is a picture......

stabard
30-08-2005, 00:59
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay - that is just we need, lotis of positive feedback [clap]

chris c
30-08-2005, 01:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
Hi dan thanks,its always a worry doing diy especially with children,but after reading all the experiances from people on this site i know we have made the right decision,we went through a travel agent last year,it was nice but needed that extra bit and hopefully we have found it here,the villa we have booked has everything the children w and us are looking for[msncool]
[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean!
The first time we went to Florida, we booked through a travel agent because I was too nervous to try to work out the whole package myself. But when you have access to a site like OV, it's plain sailing (or should I say flying!).
Everything is at hand - you can book your accommodation, flights, car hire and attraction tickets - even satellite navigation if you worry about getting lost!
It's the perfect way to do it!

kitty
30-08-2005, 02:47
Hi chris funny we even booked sat nav from here today as well,handy as we got so lost last year,and we could still have it even though we didnt get the car hire from here,being tied with a fly drive package,only one last thing to sort out on our list that being attraction tickets,which are a bargain from here as well[msncool]

sundowner
30-08-2005, 12:50
What lovely comments Rodney, it's good to hear from a guest, it just confirms that everything villa owners tell you is the truth and not 'fancied' up by some travel agents (who then do not deliver a lot of the time). Glad you had a good time. Is there a trip report or photo's to come? we just love to hear all about it.

Sally D
30-08-2005, 13:41
It's DIY everytime for us, wouldn't do it any other way.

The little touches make a big difference, I have just asked Nigel the villa owner where we are staying if it is possible to have a late check out when we go, "no poblem, stay as long as you like", wouldn't get that with Virgin etc.

If you are reading this Nigel, A big <span style="color:red">THANK YOU</span id="red">

luckylady
30-08-2005, 14:54
Thank you Rodney for your kind remarks
Pleased you enjoyed your holiday its guests like you that make our job more worthwhile

neild292
25-11-2005, 02:59
Glad you enjoyed your villa holiday - you have identified the advantages very clearly

Lynnes
25-11-2005, 11:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rodney
If anyone is looking here for the first time and thinking about booking a villa, then don't hesitate. We stayed in a villa, booked through this site for the first time in August this year and it was excellent. You have so much freedom[8D], it is cheaper:D than a hotel, much quieter:) and you usually get your own pool just to yourself:D:D.
You get the choice of staying in to eat by the pool for a change, having a quick breakfast and hitting the parks early, having all mod cons (dishwasher, TV in each room, Playstation, X Box, HiFi and wonderful air conditioning that you can set) and so much more. Booking and paying is easy and reliable and the owners were so helpful and friendly.
We stayed at Crescent Lakes which was wonderful. It was so quiet, you hardly saw anyone even though it was a residential area as well. It was well located for shops and disney.
Booking in this way is now the way for me....I will never book through a travel agent or brochure again.

It's great to read a post like this. All the hard work to keep the villa immaculate is worth it.
Thanks
[/quote]

ahagan
01-12-2005, 18:22
Thank you Rodney for your lovely comments. Comments such as these definitely make it worthwhile for villa owners. Glad you enjoyed your holiday.:)