PDA

View Full Version : Christmas weather

JJTR
27-08-2005, 19:23
We are planning our next visit to Florida which we hope to be the run up to Christmas and just after. What is the weather like at that time of year.

Jane

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1773.aspx

E. Cosgrove
27-08-2005, 20:19
I believe the weather over Christmas was pretty awful last year, although we went for New Year and it was glorious, blue skies and sunshine every day, not a drop of rain. T shirts and shorts were the order of the day and only needed a sweater in the evenings. I guess what I am trying to say is it's pot luck really.

TINAPETERS
27-08-2005, 21:23
I was in Florida last Christmas and a few days were rather chilly so had to wear jeans and a fleece but the skies were clear blue.
Other days it was fine to wear our summer clothes so just be prepared to have a jumper etc if you do feel the cold.

It beats staying at home in drizzly England that's for sure.

dolphinv
27-08-2005, 21:34
We were over Dec 26th to 2nd Jan last year and it was shorts and t for our stay with a fleece top for the evenings. I don't remember any days having rain?

Newhomebuyer
27-08-2005, 21:45
We have been several times at Christmas and the weather has been everything from really chilly to rainy to glorious sunshine. We have spent New Years day in temps of over 80 at Blizzard Beach, having been wrapped up warm with mits and hats on a different year. Whatever the weather we have loved the atmosphere at Christmas. We still mostly take t's and shorts but also make sure we have a couple of pairs of jeans or heavy trousers and a jumper or 2. Take extra clothes with you to the parks if you are staying all day because even on the warm days the temp really drops off at night.
Night time in the parks is so pretty at Christmas, you don't want to have to leave early just because you didn't take a fleece and or jumper with you.

SunLover
27-08-2005, 21:45
It is pot luck, as it's a changeable time, but we've been quite a few times during Christmas and New Year, and the most we've needed at night was jeans and a fleece.

On the flip side, it's probably the most magical time to visit, as the parks are just stunning with all their Christmas decorations.

Go, take a fleece and enjoy !!! :D

abbeyvillas
27-08-2005, 22:36
Can't wait. This year will be our first Christmas in Orlando and we will be staying for 2 and a half weeks including New Year.
Will remember to pack some jeans & sweatshirts, may even have to buy some there!
Jeanette.