PDA

View Full Version : 1st timer

Rosieluvshols
27-08-2005, 18:39
Hello what a great forum. Have just booked our first holiday to Florida and have found all the information on here fab. We will be staying in Kissimmee the first week and then a week in Naples. I have a few questions which I hope someone will be able to help me with. Are there lots of sports acitivites in Naples, ie. beach volleyball, Jet Skis. We will be staying at the Edgewater is it suitable for a family with teenagers and are there restuarants, shops etc. within walking distance or will we need the car. Thanks in advance.:)

ravtino
27-08-2005, 18:47
Sorry I can't answer your questions but I am sure someone will.
Welcome to the forum.

sundowner
27-08-2005, 18:51
Welcome to the Forum, sorry I have never stayed in Naples but have been for the day and it is lovely. There is sure to be someone here that can answer all of your questions - and keep asking cos we just love to help.

One thing for certain is your holiday will be the best.

SunLover
27-08-2005, 21:34
I'm going to be the next person to say "I don't know", but wanted to welcome you to the forums :)

I'm sure some of our coastal experts will be able to give you the answers you need.

dolphinv
27-08-2005, 21:38
Not been ourselves but have you tried this site [website link edited]

rosie
27-08-2005, 21:54
Hi and welcome to the forums, from one Rosie to another [msnsmile]

We have only stayed in Naples for a couple of days so also can't help with the answer to your questions, but maybe if you ask the question in the "Gulf Coast" forum, http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/forum_74.asp it will be seen by more people and the Gulf Coast experts will be able to help [msnsmile2]

If your accommodation isn't firm then I would definately consider staying in a villa rather than a hotel if you have children or teenagers with you [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
27-08-2005, 22:51
welcome to the OV forum,
another that cant help, but wish you a warm welcome anyway

Fourdents
27-08-2005, 23:57
Hello and welcome. When are you going to Florida ?

Hope you enjoy the planning.....

Linda

owen3
28-08-2005, 04:40
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your holiday in florida. Barbara

orlandodaze
28-08-2005, 05:38
Welcome to the forum , dont worry you will find all the answers to your questions here , as for Naples I was only there for one day taking my son to the flight college and it was the wettest day Ive ever seen so all my dreams about Naples were literally washed away.

Ray&Sarah
28-08-2005, 07:48
Welcome to the forum Rosie, hope you find all the answers you need to make your holiday a real one to remember.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
28-08-2005, 14:12
Hi Welcome to the forum Rosie.
I know Naples quite well, there is plenty to do! It is very affluent and the teens probably won't enjoy it as much as Orlando as it is not as fast moving! We love it and plan to sell up in Orlando and move down in the future.

Best thing to do is use a Search Engine to do your research, its amazing what you can find out.

Rosieluvshols
28-08-2005, 16:53
Thank you for all the replies am planning our trip for July 06 am very excited already.:)

Paula D-S
30-08-2005, 01:32
Welcome to the forums. This may be your first visit to Florida, it certainly won't be your last.[msnsmile2]

Paula

domster
30-08-2005, 10:46
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, Never been to naples but they tell me it is really nice. Have a good hol.

luckylady
30-08-2005, 14:48
Hi Rosie
Welcome to the forum
Naples is lovely you will beable to relax I loved it when we stayed there

solanasunshine
30-08-2005, 18:20
Welcome to the forum Rosie [msnsmile]

alanandjude
04-09-2005, 02:07
Hello and welcome

Naples is lovely. Make sure you do the hop on and off bus tour which is full of interesting facts and gives you a real flavour of the place. I don't know about sports etc as we had a six month old baby when we went!

I can highly recommend Tommy Bahamas for a great meal.

Have fun

Jude