PDA

View Full Version : we didnt make it to BUSCH GARDENS!!!

poet123
26-08-2005, 14:00
Well, much as we fully intended to visit BG (tickets in hand) we never made it!! The trip up from the Gulf coast (Marco Island)took longer than we had planned due to stop en route for more food!!! so we only arrived in Tampa at 1pm. This is obviously a bad time to arrive on a Saturday in July!! roads leading to BG were crowded and lined with police card trying to direct traffic. Car parking was a nightmare and judging from the crowds pouring through the gates lines were bad.
So reluctantly we carried on back to Orlando without entering BG, so we may never know if it was for us or not!!!it is unlikely we will go back to FL soon so our tickets are for sale on ebay!!!![msnsmile2] We were disappointed but it was really our own fault as we couldn't tear ourselves away from the wonderful MARCO ISLAND[clap] early enough on our departure day.

CarolAnn
26-08-2005, 14:35
Never mind Gwen!

We have been going for 14 years, twice this year, and we have not yet made it to BG either!!!
I bet if you keep reading and chatting on this forum you will be planning a trip back to Florida before you know it!! I think it was about 7 years ago we thought we wouldn't keep going back? But we find it has something for everyone and so many options for when you go, due to the fabulous weather[msncool]

sundowner
26-08-2005, 15:10
You should really try to get to BG if you go again. We always thought 'well we will go if we have time'. Now that we have been (a few years ago) we go every year. It is a great atmosphere and worth the drive from Orlando.

Hope you manage to sell your tickets, but I would bet on the fact you will go back, even if it's in another 5 years.

dawn
26-08-2005, 20:11
We did make it to Busch - my favourite park - we had a great day, and loved every minute(especially Sheikra). We must have been lucky because there were no queues at all (this was around 15Aug) and we managed to have several goes of everything - oh well arrived back home today[msncry]. Will have to start planning our Xmas trip now!![msnsmile2]

Josie Jump
27-08-2005, 01:34
One huge tip I would give you is take a change of clothes - the water rides soak you from head to toe, so it's nice to have some dry clothes to drive home in.

Ray&Sarah
28-08-2005, 08:16
Never mind, its a really good reason to have to book another trip to Florida.:D

E. Cosgrove
28-08-2005, 13:34
Hang on to the tickets Gwen......I bet you will go again eventually[msnwink]

poet123
28-08-2005, 21:04
unfortunately they expire in December!!!or we would have considered holding onto them but they need a good home so they are now almost sold on ebay!!!!!!!!only 2 hours to go.

lisacrotty
14-05-2006, 17:37
we are the same as carolann.
We have been going to florida since 1992. we have still not made BG.

However this year we are flying into Tampa and staying for a couple of days before we drive to the house to ensure we have our trip to BG.
Looking forward to it and even though i hate roller coasters i know the rest of the family are going to have a great time .& My Husband
The kids are 16, 13, & 7

You should hang on to your tickets i am sure you will want to go back in a couple of years

eagleydo
14-05-2006, 18:44
We missed BG for the first few years but eventually we did go. Now going to BG is a must, it is brill, both for the coaster fans and the wildlife fans.

chris c
14-05-2006, 19:09
BG is one of my favourite parks.
When the children were younger and we used to visit Florida as a family, we always made a point of going.