PDA

View Full Version : IOA Suitable for all ages?

Cooperman
26-08-2005, 02:25
We have decided to visit Universal for the first time during our latest trip to Orlando. We have children who are 5, 9, 10 and two 12 year olds aswell as 4 oldies (over 40's). We are all looking forward to Universal Studios as we enjoy MGM but will we all enjoy IOA? Would we be better off having another day with Micky instead? None of the children enjoy big roller coaster type rides and only 1 of the adults is mad enough to give them a go.

sunseeker
26-08-2005, 02:45
It is suitable for all ages, but unless your a thrill seeker you probably wont get the best out of IOA. Lots of big rides here [msnsmile2][msncool]

Dave

Jo
26-08-2005, 03:10
The Cat in the Hat area is really nice though , as are some of the water rides - a tub type ride( Bilge Barges?) and a very big and wet flume (Ripsaw falls?). The Sinbad Show is watchable too.There's a great adventure playground too. I don't do scary rides and there is pleanty to amuse me and my 7 year old while the boys do big rides.

Why not hop over if you have some time left after Universal .

It's an easy walk from one to the other.

dolphinv
26-08-2005, 03:31
If you are planning to stay out the whole day and have the 14 day florida pass or a 1day 2 park pass you could do universal and then pop over to IOA...plenty to do even if you leave out hulk and Dr. Dreads free fall[msnsmile2] why not look up there web site and see what else there is to do!

SunLover
26-08-2005, 06:14
Go... if only to do the Spiderman ride !!!

I'm not a huge coaster fan, but I love this ride. Even took my parents (in their 70's) on it and when we came out they asked if we could go straight back in and ride it again. :D

solanasunshine
26-08-2005, 12:55
We have a 9 year old and he really enjoys IOA - there are a couple of rides that he wouldn't want to go on ( I wouldn't let him either!) such as The Hulk and Duelling Dragons but there are plenty of fun rides such as Spiderman (a must!!!) that all ages will enjoy. [msnsmile]

dolphinv
26-08-2005, 14:02
Mariannes Nan really enjoyed Spiderman, went on it twice and still at 77 wanted to take on spiderman for jumping on the car:D
Her Dad really enjoyed ripsaw falls and the rapids tube (sorry think its a popiee thing?)

TINAPETERS
26-08-2005, 18:03
Jurassic Park area is good also, just like the film when you walk through the large gates.

The Sinbad show is good for all ages.

millie
26-08-2005, 22:36
If none of your party realy enjoys big rides I would give it a miss. There is not a lot for us wimps. My hubby goes by himself and can do the whole park in no time using the single rider queues and can get on loads of times!

I would go for another day with Mickey!

alanandjude
27-08-2005, 13:12
The Seuss Landing part is great for small ones, my 2 year old loved it. There is a very gentle ride called One Fish Two Fish and a carousel as well as a small water adventure playground where he loved splashing round. IOA is one of my favourite parks.

Cooperman
30-08-2005, 02:02
Thanks for all your thoughts. On balance another day with mickey looks the best bet this time.